+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    My Trouble on 9.12.12 I think she is beginning to trust me.
    It is great to watch Trouble's tail and how it didn't move for a minute or so, but gradually it seemed that she started expressing herself more while you petted her. Very sweet!
    just1paul likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Trouble's footwork while you were tugging on her ear was hilarious! She is adorable.
    just1paul likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    One of my gurls used to sit and supervise ANYONE who came to my home to do any kind of work.
    I recently had a bad water leak in my house, so I've had a lot of workers (painters, carpet layers, other construction, etc.) in my house over the last month and Suki has pretty much followed every one of them around. She loves men. She nearly apprenticed herself to the carpet guys. I usually end up herding her around and away from the workers. She's not really helpful unless you need to be tripped.

Gut - I would see if there's a no-kill shelter in the area that could help with that cat. They might have someone who could take him or suggestions on something that could stop him from spraying. My cousin had an indoor-only cat that started spraying when she had her first son. He was SO unhappy. Eventually, they turned him into an outdoor cat and he was perfectly content after that. I wouldn't put that cat down unless it was the very last resort. There have got to be resources in the community that could help find him a new home and/or solve the spraying problem.

As someone else mentioned, cats usually spray when they're upset or stressed. Maybe she should call that guy from My Cat From Hell! I'll bet he could solve the problem.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Trouble's footwork while you were tugging on her ear was hilarious! She is adorable.
    It makes me laugh all the time.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    cats usually spray when they're upset or stressed.
    That's why working with a good animal communicator can be very effective. I use them both for medical and behavioral issues and as a way to select appropriate flower essences or make modifications around the house or simply let the cat vent. We all need to be able to do that. Anyone want a recommendation to a good communication contact me privately.

Brooks
    I'm here likes this.

- The Dean Martin Show -

Does Trouble still hang out under the bed?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Does Trouble still hang out under the bed?
    Only when I am not home, the early morning hours right before I get out of bed or if she does not want to be bothered. Otherwisde she is somewhere near me in the living room, either by an end table, in her bed, but not the tree yet. She likes being near me but not too close all the time yet. She does get massaged, rubbed, skritched brushed etc., many many many times per day/evening. I have never seen a feline crave so much affection and purrs like crazy and talks up a storm.
    I'm here likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I have a friend who got a kitten from me 9 years ago... male, neutered. She just bought a house and said she's going to have to have him put down because he sprays. She said she can't find any shelter to take a male who sprays. Any suggestions? She thought about trying to find someone with a farm to take him but he's never been an outdoor cat and that just seems cruel. He's a wonderful cat and her daughters (away at college) are heart-broken, but I can understand why she wouldn't want to move a spraying cat into a new house.
    I had a neutered in/out cat who hated winter. Every winter,he would go to the door to go out. When I would open the door and the cold air would hit him in the face he would be furious. He's glare at me and walk to the nearest piece of furniture and spray. All the time looking me in the eye!

A trip to the vet and perscription for Prozac took care of things nicely. I'd start him on it in October and take him off in in April. It worked wonders!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Having a really hard time. It is getting closer and closer to the time when we really need to make the decision about Buddy. he is getting worse and worse. Not in pain but just not the same. I can't even write this without tearing up at the thought. He is in diapers now but he's having accidents every time he gets up. He doesn't stay dry long. Plus he stays up at night and just woofs. Not really a bark but just a woof. Like he wants something or someone to get him something but he doesn't even know what that is. Hard to explain but he's just not the same dog. I am not sure if this is what they mean by we'll know when its time. I think we know but we don't want to do it.
    Someone asked me for an update so I thought I'd update the thread. Buddy is actually doing really good! We have gotten used to a new diaper - they are a depends generic walgreens brand and are for Large men LOL and are the adjustable strap kind (like a baby diaper) instead of the underwear kind so we can wrap them around him better. I tie the front strap around him first then take the back part and criss cross the velcro / tape things on either side of him. Much better than the doggie diapers. He only has the problem with urine and incontinence. He poops too but it's solid and only does that 2 times a day so I can usually "catch" that when I take him outside. I try to keep him normal like taking him outside to "go" even though he goes whenever and wherever in the diaper. He is sleeping a lot so he doesn't pee as much when he sleeps, that is much more of an awake and a moving around thing. But he is still very much "there". He is aware and alert, eating fine. He follows me around and drags his back legs as fast as he can to get to where I am. So things are really good. We are in a much better routine, less stressed all around, and I guess overall happier. So, no more talk of taking him to the vet now. Unless we see him going downhill or something. Like I said before, he's not in any pain, and he is not lethargic, nor is he losing his appetite.
    So overall much better.

+ Reply to Thread