+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Every time my cat touched the dog, or vice versa, the cat would then start cleaning the spot frantically. I used to say "removing dog cooties".
    He never did it with people. Just the dog.

He also ran over & greeted everyone at the door. He'd follow them & keep tapping their legs 'till they reached down & petted them.
    After all, they weren't there to see ME. It was HIS house. I was just the live in help.

I really miss him.
    just1paul and I'm here like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Every time my cat touched the dog, or vice versa, the cat would then start cleaning the spot frantically. I used to say "removing dog cooties".

He also ran over & greeted everyone at the door. He'd follow them & keep tapping their legs 'till they reached down & petted them.
    After all, they weren't there to see ME. It was HIS house. I was just the live in help.

I really miss him.
    Dog cooties very very sweet

My cat Mr Musk hated men, my son, my ex( well I see that) it was very odd .He also used to hide and when I went to the sink, he would jump up, wrap his front paws around my waist and leave really quickly .He never failed to make me jump ( or scream) and he kept that up the the point I would check his various hiding places. Mr Musk was run over. and I miss him
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes. Fur babies from shelters are the best.I believe they choose you.

I volunteered at a shelter,it was walking the dogs The saddest part was getting attached, and then coming in one morning to find they had to be put down, because there was no room . I adopted far too many at one time So, I had to stop volunteering.
    I always wanted to do that... but I'm afraid of the same thing. I would want to adopt ALL of the animals. And I would be devastated if any animal wasn't there at my return. Unless they were adopt out. But even then I would be concerned... did they get adopted by a family who will really really really love them????

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I always wanted to do that... but I'm afraid of the same thing. I would want to adopt ALL of the animals. And I would be devastated if any animal wasn't there at my return. Unless they were adopt out. But even then I would be concerned... did they get adopted by a family who will really really really love them????
    Well our shelter is such, no animal gets put down now, in fact we have some smaller dogs here from California.Its very hard, if you love animals, this isn't the best job. They are so happy to see you, it makes me want them all.As far as adoption, you have to meet with them a couple of times( along with any animals you have) and they ask quite a few questions. I think loving families do adopt.I keep that thought all the time
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post

I really miss him.

Awwww....

My cats never did that. IF the door bell would ring... *POOF* they would be gone.... banging into each other trying to hide. And IF the people would stay... they would hide even more. Either under the covers in bed or in the closet... behind everything.

Dog cooties very very sweet

My cat Mr Musk hated men, my son, my ex( well I see that) it was very odd .He also used to hide and when I went to the sink, he would jump up, wrap his front paws around my waist and leave really quickly .He never failed to make me jump ( or scream) and he kept that up the the point I would check his various hiding places. Mr Musk was run over. and I miss him
    OMG!!!! I didn't expect that. You could have warned us... maybe using that "button". *wink*

I'm sooooooooooo sorry about Mr. Musk!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    OMG!!!! I didn't expect that. You could have warned us... maybe using that "button". *wink*

I'm sooooooooooo sorry about Mr. Musk!!!!!
    It was a long time ago. He stays in my heart all this time. Big old marmalade cat, from the shelter.
    -Andy Rooney-

Well our shelter is such, no animal gets put down now, in fact we have some smaller dogs here from California.Its very hard, if you love animals, this isn't the best job. They are so happy to see you, it makes me want them all.As far as adoption, you have to meet with them a couple of times( along with any animals you have) and they ask quite a few questions. I think loving families do adopt.I keep that thought all the time
    That sounds like a great shelter! I'm NOT for the shelters with the "We are full" rule. IF they are too full.. they shouldn't take the animal... just to put them down.

I have a friend who got a kitten from me 9 years ago... male, neutered. She just bought a house and said she's going to have to have him put down because he sprays. She said she can't find any shelter to take a male who sprays. Any suggestions? She thought about trying to find someone with a farm to take him but he's never been an outdoor cat and that just seems cruel. He's a wonderful cat and her daughters (away at college) are heart-broken, but I can understand why she wouldn't want to move a spraying cat into a new house.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I have a friend who got a kitten from me 9 years ago... male, neutered. She just bought a house and said she's going to have to have him put down because he sprays. She said she can't find any shelter to take a male who sprays. Any suggestions? She thought about trying to find someone with a farm to take him but he's never been an outdoor cat and that just seems cruel. He's a wonderful cat and her daughters (away at college) are heart-broken, but I can understand why she wouldn't want to move a spraying cat into a new house.
    Oh, how sad. I wonder why he still sprays. I don't think he would make it in the country, if he has been an inside cat for that long. A friend of mine had a neutered cat that did that, turned out he had UTI. She solved his problem with mediation, and by taking him out for walks ( just around her garden) and always on a leash.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread