+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I think my cats suffered from being clean freaks. Before they would get out of the box.. they would cover their mess. But, they would do it for a few minutes. Cover it... then cover it again... and if that wasn't enough.. they would cover it AGAIN! Then they would get out of the box. BUT if that wasn't enough.. the other cat would get in there and start the process all over again. There would be a HUGE pile of litter in one corner of the box... and nothing any where else.

Then... the other neat freak would have to go to work.. That being ME. I would clean out the mess... then fix the litter nice and neat. I could never do this process alone. They would both follow me to the boxes and make sure I was doing it right.

I MISS MY KITTIES!!!!!!
    Well reading this made me smile. I had very clean cats, they did the same thing I used to think they had OCD they covered their mess for so long.

I found a new kennel for my boys, and the owners said when it was -20 , someone left a box of kitties on his doorstep. Its a wonder they didn't all die, but I saw them, very robust and enjoying the country life now
    inthegarden likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well reading this made me smile. I had very clean cats, they did the same thing I used to think they had OCD they covered their mess for so long.

I found a new kennel for my boys, and the owners said when it was -20 , someone left a box of kitties on his doorstep. Its a wonder they didn't all die, but I saw them, very robust and enjoying the country life now
    Cats do tend to have a case of OCD. Especially when they clean themselves. My goodness... thats all they do. Then... *hairball*

I used to crack up at my cats when one would want to clean the other. But.. each of them wanted to do the cleaning NOT be cleaned. Sooo funny! The stronger one would always win... he would end up putting my princess into a wrestling hold... pin her down...and clean away.

Glad it made you smile. It made me smile too... just thinking back at those moments.

Awwwww.... I am SOOO glad to know that the cats were brought there instead of just left out on the street. TOO MANY homeless kitties out there.

I don't know what kind of person dumps animals like that. I would however like to dump them somewhere , somewhere just as cold.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't know what kind of person dumps animals like that. I would however like to dump them somewhere , somewhere just as cold.
    Hey girlfriend... you're singing my tune. I don't get people. What kind of cruel world are they living in? To take an innocent animal and just tossing them out on the street with NO regard... NO shelter... NO food.... is just SICK, WRONG and CRUEL!! Especially when there are shelters that are willing to take them.

The way I see it... KARMA will get them!!!!

All the animals I've ever had have been saved. They were homeless kitties... that some how found their way to me. They were the most loving animals. Almost like they appreciated me more for saving them. Now, I'm working with 4 ferals.

Hey girlfriend... you're singing my tune. I don't get people. What kind of cruel world are they living in? To take an innocent animal and just tossing them out on the street with NO regard... NO shelter... NO food.... is just SICK, WRONG and CRUEL!! Especially when there are shelters that are willing to take them.

The way I see it... KARMA will get them!!!!

All the animals I've ever had have been saved. They were homeless kitties... that some how found their way to me. They were the most loving animals. Almost like they appreciated me more for saving them. Now, I'm working with 4 ferals.
    Yes. Fur babies from shelters are the best.I believe they choose you.

I volunteered at a shelter,it was walking the dogs The saddest part was getting attached, and then coming in one morning to find they had to be put down, because there was no room . I adopted far too many at one time So, I had to stop volunteering.
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think my cats suffered from being clean freaks. Before they would get out of the box.. they would cover their mess. But, they would do it for a few minutes. Cover it... then cover it again... and if that wasn't enough.. they would cover it AGAIN! Then they would get out of the box. BUT if that wasn't enough.. the other cat would get in there and start the process all over again. There would be a HUGE pile of litter in one corner of the box... and nothing any where else.

Then... the other neat freak would have to go to work.. That being ME. I would clean out the mess... then fix the litter nice and neat. I could never do this process alone. They would both follow me to the boxes and make sure I was doing it right.

I MISS MY KITTIES!!!!!!
    I had one gurl who NEVER saw a need to cover her "stinky" (I guess she thought her $#/+ didn't stink!), and I was the elected coverer. I had one gurl who, if she saw a "turd" in the box simply would not go in; she kept me hopping to keep from having to pick up her poop from outside the box. As long as I kept it clear, there were no problems. My Maine Coon gurl is a super-coverer and will spend time doing the job, with her huge paddle-feet.
    just1paul and I'm here like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Of my two cats the boy is the self-elected Litter Police. He covers his. He covers hers. Over and over and over.
    just1paul, Cootie and I'm here like this.

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Of my two cats the boy is the self-elected Litter Police. He covers his. He covers hers. Over and over and over.
    My male cat is the Cover King. He cover with litter, then he takes the liner and folds it over, then he scratches the wall. I had to stand a piece of plywood against the wall behind his box to keep that from ending up on top of his box. He likes to police me while I'll cleaning out his box and follows me to the bathroom and watches the poop as it is flushed down the toilet. The clumps go in a bag then a covered pail and then to the dump.
    just1paul and I'm here like this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    He likes to police me while I'll cleaning out his box and follows me to the bathroom and watches the poop as it is flushed down the toilet. The clumps go in a bag then a covered pail and then to the dump.
    It's so hard to get good staff these days, LOL.
    just1paul and inthegarden like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

One of my gurls used to sit and supervise ANYONE who came to my home to do any kind of work.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread