+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I went to Amazon and found LOTS of types cat litter offered.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

For animal lovers

You're right! I'll be damned. I haven't bothered with amazon.ca (we can't order from the dot-com) for ages because there was so little selection. Thanks.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Thank goodness I don't have to deal with a septic tank; I think you are right. I think that might stop me from moving onto a property. Definite deal-breaker! I've heard of people using dynamite, every so often, to blast the "sugar.honey.ice.tea" off the sides of the tank. I can't imagine anyone wanting to be bothered with that if they don't have to be.
    It hasn't been a problem for us. We've lived here for 15 years now and haven't had a problem yet. I use Septic Tank treatment every 3 months, (just drop in the bowl and flush) and I'm smart about what we flush. The benefits of living here far outweigh the very small inconveniences. That fact is driven home every time I hear or read of the horrible neighbors some people have to deal with. My closest neighbor is 1.5 miles away.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I think the only thing holding me back from becoming a crazy cat lady is I'm too lazy to change more than one litter box. If other people lived at the house and were willing to keep up with the litter boxes, I'd probably have 20 cats. lol!

Love the kitty smilies...

I used to have two cats... and had two litter boxes. They would um... poop in one and pee in the other. And if one was doing "their business" in the one... the other would wait outside the box. They obviously had rules...
    just1paul likes this.

Of course they had rules. they are cats.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Love the kitty smilies...

I used to have two cats... and had two litter boxes. They would um... poop in one and pee in the other. And if one was doing "their business" in the one... the other would wait outside the box. They obviously had rules...
    Good for them! My sons cats don't do that, they use both boxes to do both.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My gurls all share both boxes.
    just1paul likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When it was Mona & Joey, they both shared the same box. He has his side, Mona had hers, isn't that funny. Rules I guess.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I love how they work out things among/between themselves and us, their staff, seldom have to get involved.

It's like, I have a 'screamer'...any reason will do....but I also know that there is nothing wrong....just the usual drama from her. I used to rise to the occasion, until I "got it". Just being a tiny bit chased will set her off. She's on her own, and she's FINE!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-02-2012 at 10:37 AM.
    I'm here likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Good for them! My sons cats don't do that, they use both boxes to do both.
    I think my cats suffered from being clean freaks. Before they would get out of the box.. they would cover their mess. But, they would do it for a few minutes. Cover it... then cover it again... and if that wasn't enough.. they would cover it AGAIN! Then they would get out of the box. BUT if that wasn't enough.. the other cat would get in there and start the process all over again. There would be a HUGE pile of litter in one corner of the box... and nothing any where else.

Then... the other neat freak would have to go to work.. That being ME. I would clean out the mess... then fix the litter nice and neat. I could never do this process alone. They would both follow me to the boxes and make sure I was doing it right.

I MISS MY KITTIES!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread