+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

  1. #16051
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,150

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    I use Tidy Cats regular multiple cat litter. It is getting harder to find here also. I refuse to use anything that has chemicals to make it clump, look pretty or whatever. I scoop Troubles box many times a day as needed and change it with a clean box every third day.Attachment 28594
    Yep, that's what I use too - is that the one with the red bag or the blue bag? I use the red bag - maybe that's the immediate odor control. Either variety is better than anything else out there. I tried Fresh Step a while back, because the store didn't have Tidy Cats and I needed it right then, and they tracked that stuff all over the house. It was horrible. I have one of those little mats outside the litter box to catch any litter and they still had that stuff everywhere in no time. Plus, it reeked to high heaven.....and I mean the scent of the litter, not what got put in it!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  2. #16052
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,102

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    What brand? I avoid the clumping litter because I'm afraid to clog the toilet. Also we recently became (again) a two-cat household and I admit I would love to get one more, but I'm worried about the smell. It's hard enough to keep up with 2.
    I use World's Best Cat Litter (Multiple Cat Formula - red and black bag), and it is designed for flushing. I wouldn't trust flushing regular litter or regular scoopable litter. I've been using it for several years and it hasn't caused any problems at all. It is not inexpensive, but I think it's worth it.

    And, if you're having trouble finding your favorite litter, I suggest looking on Amazon. I can't think of anything better than having your litter delivered to your door, and not having to lug it from the car to the house, you just have to lug it from the door to your desired location...but, I also get the BIG bags.

    Any questions, PM me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  3. #16053
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Trouble is on youtube -- look for username troublesdadpaul.. watch the bottom of the screen before the ending. I also have acouple short 20 second clips of Joey in Feb 2011 a month before he was sent to Mona because of his Kidneys.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  4. #16054
    Anarchist AJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    9,353

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I use World's Best Cat Litter (Multiple Cat Formula - red and black bag), and it is designed for flushing. I wouldn't trust flushing regular litter or regular scoopable litter. I've been using it for several years and it hasn't caused any problems at all. It is not inexpensive, but I think it's worth it.

    And, if you're having trouble finding your favorite litter, I suggest looking on Amazon. I can't think of anything better than having your litter delivered to your door, and not having to lug it from the car to the house, you just have to lug it from the door to your desired location...but, I also get the BIG bags.

    Any questions, PM me.
    Thanks, shay, I'll look for it. I'll have to see if I can find it retail, though...Amazon.ca doesn't have much.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

  5. #16055
    FORT Fogey inthegarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,220

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    Trouble is on youtube -- look for username troublesdadpaul.. watch the bottom of the screen before the ending. I also have acouple short 20 second clips of Joey in Feb 2011 a month before he was sent to Mona because of his Kidneys.
    Ohhh Trouble looks like she is settling in. It was good seeing Joey.
    After Chloe passed away last October, Cooper wouldn't lay in any spots that belonged to her. I was finally able to clean her favorite spots (all but one) and now he is slowly claiming some of them as his.
    I had always heard that animals respected each others space and now I know first hand that they do. I wonder if that might have been why Trouble was slow to warm up to her new home?
    just1paul likes this.

  6. #16056
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Ohhh Trouble looks like she is settling in. It was good seeing Joey.
    After Chloe passed away last October, Cooper wouldn't lay in any spots that belonged to her. I was finally able to clean her favorite spots (all but one) and now he is slowly claiming some of them as his.
    I had always heard that animals respected each others space and now I know first hand that they do. I wonder if that might have been why Trouble was slow to warm up to her new home?
    Trouble was slow to warm up because of her life. One day I'll summarize it and post it. But she was very shy and still is a bit skittish at times.
    inthegarden likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  7. #16057
    FORT Fogey Lil Bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Iowa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: For animal lovers

    Even litter that is classified as flushable has a warning on the label that it is not safe for septic systems so that isn't an option for me. I keep an old coffee can under the sink in the bathroom and scoop into that. I have another larger covered container in the garage that I dump the litter from the coffee can into and then my hubby spreads it in our pasture.

    Trouble has made amazing progress but then, she has the best daddy in the world.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

  8. #16058
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: For animal lovers

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Even litter that is classified as flushable has a warning on the label that it is not safe for septic systems so that isn't an option for me. I keep an old coffee can under the sink in the bathroom and scoop into that. I have another larger covered container in the garage that I dump the litter from the coffee can into and then my hubby spreads it in our pasture.

    Trouble has made amazing progress but then, she has the best daddy in the world.

    Oh I wouldn't go that far. Thank You. *BLUSHES*
    Trouble on bed smiling in living room 94 2012.jpg
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  9. #16059
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,102

    Re: For animal lovers

    Thank goodness I don't have to deal with a septic tank; I think you are right. I think that might stop me from moving onto a property. Definite deal-breaker! I've heard of people using dynamite, every so often, to blast the "sugar.honey.ice.tea" off the sides of the tank. I can't imagine anyone wanting to be bothered with that if they don't have to be.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  10. #16060
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,088

    Re: For animal lovers

    Trouble is lovely!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.