+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1268Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

With the new clumping/no smell litters you can have quite a few cats and just scoop a few times a day before it becomes an issue.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have a scoopable litter that I can scoop straight into the toilet (EXCEPT in CA!) and flush! I am thrilled with it, especially since my litterboxes are in/near the bathrooms. Odor control is a very minimal issue; I go a day or two between scoops. My gurls seems happy with it.

What they are fed makes a huge difference in the odor.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I have a scoopable litter that I can scoop straight into the toilet (EXCEPT in CA!) and flush! I am thrilled with it, especially since my litterboxes are in/near the bathrooms. Odor control is a very minimal issue; I go a day or two between scoops. My gurls seems happy with it.

What brand? I avoid the clumping litter because I'm afraid to clog the toilet. Also we recently became (again) a two-cat household and I admit I would love to get one more, but I'm worried about the smell. It's hard enough to keep up with 2.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I just walked my two hyper Irish Setter cousins 10 blocks. They are from the country so the people, smells and other dogs were distracting to them. But they did so well. After a block they didn't pull my lead as much and by the end they were moving forward with a calm gaite. The younger one still is a little jumpy with all the noises within my apt. But both are sleeping....happiness!
    just1paul and Eastcoastmom like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

^^ Just love Irish setters. Beautiful dogs!

I didn't know there was a flushable litter. I would be afraid to try it. I just keep a bag going in the cabinet under the sink for a few days and then double bag it. There isn't usually much and since the litter is odor control, it doesn't stink.
    Count your blessings!

I hate scoopable litter. My cat LOVES it. Those clumps make great hockey pucks....until they break apart all over the carpet I'm not happy that so many stores are stocking very little non-scoopable litter. At this point, there are only a few stores in town that carry the kind of litter that I like. Aside from Oliver thinking the clumping litter makes great toys, my cats don't care either way, so it's all about what I like!
    pikachu likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I use Tidy Cats regular multiple cat litter. It is getting harder to find here also. I refuse to use anything that has chemicals to make it clump, look pretty or whatever. I scoop Troubles box many times a day as needed and change it with a clean box every third day.Trouble on bed 9 2 2012 living room.jpg
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Absolutely! Follow a species appropriate diet that their systems were designed to metabolize and there will be far less waste or smell. Eliminate fish/seafood, all grains and starches, and any low glycemic veggies except as may be needed for regularity (in the wild they do this with fur and feathers) and the litterbox will be much more tolerable. It will also be much easier to help them control their weight if that's been a problem for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    ^^ Just love Irish setters. Beautiful dogs!
    They really are! I received so many complements on them.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread