+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Thanks all! Apparently the stress of it was a bit much for me. I was at work yesterday, trying to cope, and I started having terrible chest pains and tingling in my arm. An emergency room visit was obviously in my future! 4 hours later, I was fine. But I do think my body just needed to shut down for a while. I am still mourning, so my defenses are not what they should be. I have taken note that I obviously need to take it a bit slower for the next few days! I appreciate all your kind thoughts, they mean a lot.

KatesMom..... I am SOOOO sorry for your loss!

Having just lost my princess in January... I truly feel your pain!!! I was lucky to have my princess for just over 20 years and I feel like its going to take me over 20 years to get over my loss!!!! We had our daily routine... and now I'm doing it alone. She would sleep with me every night. I would joke about wearing a fur coat to bed as she couldn't get close enough to me. Now... I can never get warm enough when I sleep. (As much as I love snuggling with my hubby... its just not the same...).

I too had my princess cremated... she sits besides my bubba now (who passed away two years ago). I MISS YOU BUBBA!!!!! *wipes tears*

Theres just something about that unconditional love that an animal gives....

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    KatesMom..... I am SOOOO sorry for your loss!

Having just lost my princess in January... I truly feel your pain!!! I was lucky to have my princess for just over 20 years and I feel like its going to take me over 20 years to get over my loss!!!! We had our daily routine... and now I'm doing it alone. She would sleep with me every night. I would joke about wearing a fur coat to bed as she couldn't get close enough to me. Now... I can never get warm enough when I sleep. (As much as I love snuggling with my hubby... its just not the same...).

I too had my princess cremated... she sits besides my bubba now (who passed away two years ago). I MISS YOU BUBBA!!!!! *wipes tears*

Theres just something about that unconditional love that an animal gives....
    Exactly. So sorry for your loss, I'm here!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

KM, my heart hurts for you. I know more about your feelings than I want to.

Here's a couple of cat questions for anyone who may know the answers:

1. Why does my whack-a-doodle run downstairs when I am coming up, or upstairs when I am coming down? (And I can see her before she starts to make her move, and she's not doing anything wrong, but she runs like she is!) She will come back if I call her name. My son used to do the same thing as a little-bitty kid when I was changing the bed sheets. I'd go to move from one side of the bed to the other, and he'd run around to the opposite side....drove me nuts!

2. Why do kitties like to chew on/eat plastic grocery bags? Sometimes, I've forgotten to fill the food dish, but not all of the time. Later on, the culprit will, disgustingly, barf. It's always the same one.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

KM I am so sorry for your loss.

KM - I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, Bear. It's so difficult losing a beloved pet. I've been through it myself to know how hard it is. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I'm sorry about Bear, KatesMom. I am glad your SO was there to comfort her.

KatesMom

'Shay - I don't know about the stairs thing 'cause I don't have stairs, but my cat loves cellophane. Not plastic bags, but anything a little crisper... the wrapping on a pack of paper doilies in my desk, the wrapper of a sleeve of crackers, etc. She doesn't actually eat it, but loves to chew it. Silly critters. I'm sure I have habits that annoy her.
    Count your blessings!

KatesMom, the sudden loss of a pet is tough to get through. I am thinking of you and your family.

I had a cat who LOVED plastic shopping bags. I actually had to hide pretty much ALL plastic packaging in the house because he would eat it. I think it was a side effect of him just chewing on it - he'd chew and chew and little bits would come off. I think the shopping bags, in particular, probably feel good in their mouths
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread