+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Hi I'm here I'm so glad you've joined us!
    I'm sorry about your loss of Princess.
    I take care of a Feral Cat Colony too. They can be so tricky. I find that mine don't use their houses during warm weather, except during stormy weather. They prefer to hid in the shade of low shrubs. I'm sure if you have two of the kittens socialized the others will come around soon. They are such curious little fellows.
    Thanks! People keep telling me to get another cat to replace Princess... but for me... it doesn't work like that. No cat will replace her. But, I do understand some people think it will make the hurt a bit less.

You are a good person for taking care of those feral kitties! They are lucky to have you!!
    You are so correct about the hanging around low shurbs. On both sides of my front door they stay. Its as if they are guarding it. When other cats come for some food, they all appear.... mumbling /growling under their breath. I am close at touching another of the 4. He can't resist the feather stick. And when I put my hand out to touch... he places his paw on my hand. He is the only one that has gone in the house but came out quite quickly. I was hoping they would use it when it rained... but, they would rather get wet. Well... it is there, should they need it.

I have even sprinkled catnip from my front door to the back yard where the house is... hoping they would follow the smell. But, they never leave the front.

The only thing I've seen in my yard is a possum... and I'm NOT fond of them *shakes head*. I need to unleash my indoor kitty... as he used to jump on top of possums when he was an outdoor feral kitty.

OMG, these kittens are so cute, I can hardly stand it! Two Tiny Kittens Rescued From A Junk Pile
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I posted a while ago about my dog, Bailey, being diagnosed with cancer. I was starting to make peace with the fact that I was going to lose her. Well, yesterday, my other dog, Bear, passed away. It was very sudden and unexpected. They think it was a stroke or a heart attack. I said good-bye to her in the morning when I left for work and she was fine. My husband came home at lunch to let them out and Bear wouldn't come. When he called her again, she looked at him, stood up shaking, took two steps and fell over into her water bowl. He immediately picked her up and put her in the car to take her to the vet, but she died on the way over. By the time I got to her, she was already gone. To say I am devastated would be an understatement. At least she apparently didn't suffer long - and I thank God that he came home at lunch first, so someone was with her when she passed, and second because if the first time he came home was last night with my two kids, I can't imagine how that would have gone. We are having her cremated and I will keep the remains with me unless and until I can think of a proper place to put them. I guess I am just not ready to say good-bye to her permanently yet. I explained what happened to my kiddies and all my daughter (she is 4) keeps talking about now is the Rainbow Bridge and when can she go there to see Bear again? Seriously, how do you answer that question? All I want to do is crawl into a hole and be sad, but unfortunately work and life are not allowing me to do that. RIP Bear - you were a really great dog who, along with your sister, are responsible for making me the person I am today!

Oh, I am so sorry Katesmom. I am so glad your husband came home. Thinking of you

FM
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Katesmom, I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you can find some measure of comfort in that Bear's passing was quick and that your husband was with him when he passed. Thinking of you and your family and keeping you all in my thoughts.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Katesmom. I'm glad your husband was with her, so she wasn't alone and was with someone who loved her. While it's better for Bear that it came quickly and she didn't suffer, I'm sure you're still in shock and trying to catch up. I'll keep you in my thoughts
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm sorry, Katesmom *hugs*. Having been through similar situations in the past, I have some idea of what you're going through.

People who aren't animal lovers don't understand that our pets are like family and we need to grieve when we've lost them. If you can possibly take a day or two off this week, that might help. You could take time to recover from losing Bear and spend extra time with Bailey since you don't know how much time you have left in that situation.

I'm still mourning the loss of my cat, Twinkle, and it's been almost 2 years since she disappeared. I just had a dream about her a few nights ago where she suddenly appeared back at my house. I may never know what happened to Twinkle (if she died of natural causes, got hit by a car, killed by an animal, taken in by another family) and that uncertainty is what hurts me the most.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7 Registration Deadline: July 29th, Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

KatesMom I am so sorry! That is just such so sad. Losing a furry family member is always sad, but sudden and unexpected like that ... what a shock.

Your sweet little one wanting to see Bear at Rainbow Bridge is just such a hug moment ... I mean I want to hug her and you!

Perhaps you could tell her that RB is a special place just for pets and humans can't get in the gate and have to wait for a special time ?

Sending you and your family prayers and wishing you peace at this sad time.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm still mourning the loss of my cat, Twinkle, and it's been almost 2 years since she disappeared. I just had a dream about her a few nights ago where she suddenly appeared back at my house. I may never know what happened to Twinkle (if she died of natural causes, got hit by a car, killed by an animal, taken in by another family) and that uncertainty is what hurts me the most.
    I'm sorry about your kitty and the pain of not knowing. It doesn't have to be like that. There are excellent animal communicators who can make the connection and let you know. (If you want a recommendation, send me a PM.)

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

KatesMom I am so sorry for your loss. It is difficult to let them go under any circumstance more so when you have shared a difficult time with them. I am so glad that you had them in your life and I know that they feel/felt the same about you. Pets are wonderful healers.
    I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

+ Reply to Thread