+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

And HE IS SO HANDSOME!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

He's a beauty, Rattus! Looks like he's in the right home!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Gorgeous cat. Paul, so pleased that Trouble has figured out how loveable you are.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    People with senior cats....do you still give your cats anything other than the rabies vaccinations if they are strictly indoor cats? My groomer says that continuing giving them all of the shots can actually be worse for them, due to the mercury in the shots. She drew the analogy to not continuing to give children shots after they get their initial shots for school...she called them "baby shots". Rabies shots are required, by law, and she says the 3 year shots are better.
    I wondered if this had been discussed. My young cats have never been vaccinated and never will be. It's far too damaging. They're also raw fed. They're in awesome condition.

313586_486311818062906_1827425427_n.jpg
    Buddy officially has been put in diapers. They don't work that well though. He drags himself around like a seal so his "man-part" pops out and well, you know, sprays still. Ugh. The joys of male incontinence. he looks cute here though, doesn't he?

He looks very very cute .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Recently I had to put my cat to sleep. She turned 20 on december 25 and a week later.... she just couldn't get up. She was my princess and I still can't believe she is not with me. This is the first time I am without an animal (or should I say an indoor animal).... as I am currently feeding what seems like allllllll the neighborhood cats.

There are 4 feral kitties that I am trying to socialize. They are from the same litter. 2 of them I can touch... the other 2 I am not having much luck with. But I don't feel comfortable taking only 2 of them in... and leaving the other 2. So... I purchased a large dog house... and am trying to get the cats to use it... but none will.

I have never been able to pick out a cat.... all the kitties I have ever had... were found outdoors. They became the most friendly loving things!!!

Nothing better than their unconditional love!!!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm sorry for your loss, I'm here. To reach the age of 20 is quite remarkable, no? I'm sure you have so many lovely memories to hold on to. Good luck with the feral cats and to FORT.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I'm sorry for your loss, I'm here. To reach the age of 20 is quite remarkable, no? I'm sure you have so many lovely memories to hold on to. Good luck with the feral cats and to FORT.
    So true... to have my princess for 20 years WAS remarkable. Just when the time came... it just didn't feel like 20 years was enough. *brings tears to my eyes right now* *takes a moment to clear eyes*

Thanks for the welcome!

Hi I'm here I'm so glad you've joined us!
    I'm sorry about your loss of Princess.
    I take care of a Feral Cat Colony too. They can be so tricky. I find that mine don't use their houses during warm weather, except during stormy weather. They prefer to hid in the shade of low shrubs. I'm sure if you have two of the kittens socialized the others will come around soon. They are such curious little fellows.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 08-16-2012 at 05:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread