+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1256Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I am so very very sorry to hear this, Cootie. May all the happy memories and the happy years you had with him help you get through this in time.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

So sorry for your loss, Cootie. I still miss my little guy although I swear sometimes he's around keeping me company.
    Cootie likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks everyone. I am doing okay, but it will take a long time to get used to his not being here. I still miss Tiny terribly and she has been gone a few years already. We are consoled by the thought of the reunion of those two, they had great times together! My daughter is coming home for the weekend and it will be hard for her as Buddy was her cat. We are going to give away her food and treats and her new cat bed. If our friend doesn't want them, the food pantry will take them and give them away. I feel like I need to get all those reminders out of here so that we can get used to our cat-less house. I just got out the vacuum and mentally checked on where Buddy was so I wouldn't freak him out! Sad times. I kept asking Mr. C last night, "Are you sure he is gone?" and indeed he was. I am glad I didn't find our old kitty, but at the same time his absence is so much more abstract this way.

Thanks again, my friends!

I'm so sorry for your loss, Cootie. I know how horrible it is to lose a pet. Sometimes all you can do is feel bad and try to take comfort in the fact that you gave him a good life.
    Cootie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

So sorry to read about Buddy, cootie. My thoughts are with you.
    Cootie likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

So sorry for your loss Cootie.
    Cootie likes this.

Well Trouble is out a bit more and talking up a storm. She is now taking to sleeping behind the sofa sometimes when I am in the living room.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm glad she's warming up and feeling more comfortable, Paul. She'll be in your lap in no time!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

How lovely that Trouble is starting to feel at home.

We now have *sigh* four cats. Colin is a yet another stray that wandered into our backyard, liked the looks of things, and decided to stay. We pondered for a couple of months what we were going to do with him and eventually decided to try and find him a home offering the benefit of us paying to have him fixed. However no one wanted to take us up on the offer, and the day we decided that we were going to take him to the shelter, we just couldn't do it and decided to keep him instead. As it turns out, that was a fantastic choice. He uses the box (which is more than I can say for our last rescue, Lincoln), stopped spraying immediately upon being fixed (again, more than I can say for Lincoln), comes when he's called, doesn't freak out all night when we lock down the house, and regularly snuggles with me on the couch. Such a good, good boy.

Photobucket
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

He's beautiful.....OK, handsome, as in drop-dead gorgeous!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread