+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with idiot dog owners who take their dogs out unleashed? For the past 2 nights, I've taken my dog out (leashed, obviously) for his walk, we've been charged at by dogs out freely, owned people who think it's perfectly acceptable to have their unleashed (and clearly untrained) dogs out in their front yards. In both instances, the dog owners have larger, fenced back yards, so it's not like there isn't a place for the pups to run around freely elsewhere. At least last night, the owner ran after her dog and was apologetic. Tonight was a different story--the guy did nothing. That dog chased us (but never got close enough for me to catch) and the owner just stood in the yard, lamely calling the dog's name. I hate it so much; I want to be able to walk my dog and not feel like I'm causing other dogs to run away and possibly get run down by one of the speed demons in the subdivision. Similarly, I'd rather not shout, "Hey, asshat, maybe look after your dog before I call Animal Control!"

And, for the record, neither of these two instances where situations where the dog got off the leash/out of the collar. That's happened to me and to other fellow dog-walkers in passing. When that does, we all work together to corral the errant pup.

I don't know, people who openly flout the rules usually aren't too open to friendly corrections from neighbors. If you complain to animal control they might pay a visit. Speaking of unleashed, one of the regulars at our dog park lived right across the street so she never leashed her two labs coming and going. Then sure enough, as they were crossing the street, a car came around the corner and hit one of her dogs. She was screaming like it was the driver's fault. That poor dog had to suffer because that idiot owner was too lazy to clip a leash on its collar.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Peg
    FORT Newbie

...and candor, how bad must that poor person who was driving that car feel? I'd be devastated if it were me.
    It's so frustrating when people don't properly care for their animals. Another one that really upsets me are the neighbors who let their
    cats roam, so much harm can come to them.

I got home from work today to find out that our almost 13 year old Buddy was found by Mr. C, dead, laying across the street. It appears that he got hit by a car. I have only known about this a few hours and am making myself take his food and water bowls away as I know that my husband and I will want to put food and water in them automatically. And then get sadder. Buddy lived a great life even though he was the original scaredy cat. He was very loving and is now buried in our flower garden next to his friend Tiny, whom we lost a few years ago.

Oh Cootie, I'm so very sorry!

Cootie, I am so sorry.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    I got home from work today to find out that our almost 13 year old Buddy was found by Mr. C, dead, laying across the street. It appears that he got hit by a car. I have only known about this a few hours and am making myself take his food and water bowls away as I know that my husband and I will want to put food and water in them automatically. And then get sadder. Buddy lived a great life even though he was the original scaredy cat. He was very loving and is now buried in our flower garden next to his friend Tiny, whom we lost a few years ago.
    Oh my goodness, I am so, so sorry to read this sad news, Cootie. He and Tiny are now romping together at the Rainbow Bridge.

RIP Buddy, and big hugs to you, Cootie.

Oh Cootie I am so very sorry.

Big hugs FM
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

'Shock' is the understatement word of the moment.

Hugs to you both.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hope he sends you signs that he is at peace, Cootie. My best to you and Mr. C.

Buddy

+ Reply to Thread