+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I've been holding it together pretty well today at school, but I'm letting myself have a little cry now, on my lunch hour. Thank you, everyone, for your supportive thoughts.
    When we lost our Tiny cat, my kids at school begged me for pictures of her and they cried with me. It was so sweet. And sad. But I am at an elementary school, kids are so therapeutic at that age. They still talk to me about Tiny and about my cat Buddy. My thoughts are with you, Gut
    inthegarden likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I'm glad you were able to stay with him. I love your selection of a smoke bush. Two varieties are 'Golden Spirit' and 'Royal Purple'. Very appropriate names as a remembrance for your little buddy.
    I planted a peony called 'Dancing Butterflies' for Chloe and this spring it was beautiful just like she was.
    I just ordered the "Golden Spirit" variety.
    For anyone considering dog breeds, I can't recommend the Japanese Chin enough. They are small, but not yippy. They are bred to be vocal guard dogs and Taro not only alerted us any time someone was on our property, but he woke me one night when my son had disabled the smoke alarm and went to bed with a pizza in the oven. The kitchen was full of smoke when I went to investigate. He did not take to houseguests, but sat at my feet or on my lap wherever I was. One night after our town's annual event when locals drink heavily he woke me up at 3 a.m. barking and wouldn't stop until I got up and turned on all the lights. I'm certain he staved of burglary or vandalism that night because he never barked unless there was someone on the property.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=japa...w=1280&bih=530
    just1paul and inthegarden like this.
    Count your blessings!

Trouble update -

I woke up this AM had coffee, small breakfast, read the paper a bit, decided to go and lay down on the bedroom floor as I am wont to do and pet, skrtich and rub Trouble who is laying under the bed but at the edges now, sometimes with extremities and other stuff hanging out, like tail, butt etc.

So I laid down and was doing my thing and for me it is very relaxing.

Well before I know it I dozed off right there, woke up a while later and trouble was laying in the same direction as me with her back up against me, purring to beat the band. I stayed still but she woke up and sleepily dragged herself a bit away. I swear she had a smile on her face though
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

just1paul Can't they do some of the sweetest most unexpected things....as long as they don't get caught.
    just1paul likes this.

Awwww... slowly but surely, she's coming to trust you. Do you know her back story of why she's so skittish?
    just1paul likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Awwww... slowly but surely, she's coming to trust you. Do you know her back story of why she's so skittish?
    All I know is at 13 years old and being with the same person she is very shy, she was "just a cat", no special attention, her previous staff person had 6 or 7 cats or 1 or 2 at any given time. I was told there was not much human interaction which she really seems to like to a point.

And My dear Gutmutter - how are you doing?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I'm doing pretty well. He had gotten to the point where he didn't interact much at all anymore, so it's not like I get home and miss him coming to greet me. I've been doing a lot of walks down memory lane, remembering when we got him, our walks in the woods, how he had a really funny aversion to my daughter's best friend who is the sweetest girl in the world, but to him, she was an arch enemy... no idea why. He would start growling when her car drove in the driveway.
    just1paul likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I had it done yesterday. My daughter wasn't able to make it after all. It was very difficult, but I was there, breath for breath as he eased into his next big adventure. I laid him to rest along the fence to the woods where he loved to roam off-leash. I will plant a smoke bush over his grave, but right now I have a big bronze lion (he looked like a miniature lion and guarded our family well, which is what he was bred to do) and his water bowl that says "Good Dog".
    Oh, Gut, I am so sorry. {{{hugs}}}
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Sorry to hear this Gut. I am getting closer and closer to that decision for Buddy. Its getting harder and harder for him to get around, still dragging his legs, right one more so than the left, and he pants so heavily all the time. I wonder if he's in pain and that is why he's panting. Doctor says its more numbness than pain. He still eats well and drinks water. Still goes out and does his business (when I tell him to) but has the occasional accident. He is still playful and happy to see us and follows me wherever I go, even though it takes him a while to get there. I don't think its time yet and everyone keeps saying that I'll (we'll) know when it is and that he'll let us know. I know he's not suffering or at least I don't think he is. I don't think I'm being selfish keeping him around longer than he should but part of me thinks he might be putting up a very good front for us as well like he is doing his best because he KNOWS that WE aren't ready for HIM to go yet. I don't know. It's so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Sorry to hear this Gut. I am getting closer and closer to that decision for Buddy. Its getting harder and harder for him to get around, still dragging his legs, right one more so than the left, and he pants so heavily all the time. I wonder if he's in pain and that is why he's panting. Doctor says its more numbness than pain. He still eats well and drinks water. Still goes out and does his business (when I tell him to) but has the occasional accident. He is still playful and happy to see us and follows me wherever I go, even though it takes him a while to get there. I don't think its time yet and everyone keeps saying that I'll (we'll) know when it is and that he'll let us know. I know he's not suffering or at least I don't think he is. I don't think I'm being selfish keeping him around longer than he should but part of me thinks he might be putting up a very good front for us as well like he is doing his best because he KNOWS that WE aren't ready for HIM to go yet. I don't know. It's so hard.
    You'll know. One day you will look at him and realize that his quality of life just isn't there anymore. You will see that something is off. That's what happened with me & Joey. You and Buddy are in my thoughts.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread