+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1418Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I had it done yesterday. My daughter wasn't able to make it after all. It was very difficult, but I was there, breath for breath as he eased into his next big adventure. I laid him to rest along the fence to the woods where he loved to roam off-leash. I will plant a smoke bush over his grave, but right now I have a big bronze lion (he looked like a miniature lion and guarded our family well, which is what he was bred to do) and his water bowl that says "Good Dog".
    Count your blessings!

Oh Gut, I'm so sorry. What a horrible decision to have to make. I'm sure there's running and sniffing and roaming at Rainbow Bridge! I'm sending you warm and healing thoughts and prayers!

My Dear Gutmutter,

you made one of the most selfless decisions a human needs to make. Letting go so our little ones are no longer suffering. he is now at the Rainbow Bridge, running free, no pain, heaing and seeing everything again! My heart is with you at this time.
    dagwood and Fanny Mare like this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I am so sad for you right now Gutmutter. It was the right thing to do. He's forever in your heart. As just1paul said, he is at Rainbow Bridge , with no pain. I hope he sees my little guy there
    FM
    just1paul likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Gutmutter, I am so sorry. It sounds like he had a very good life. Hugs
    just1paul likes this.
    You can do it!

I've been holding it together pretty well today at school, but I'm letting myself have a little cry now, on my lunch hour. Thank you, everyone, for your supportive thoughts.
    Cootie likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I wish mine liked the brush! Luckily, Oliver's fur is so short, he never needs brushing. Suki's got long, fine fur that really needs to be brushed and she HATES the brush. She's getting little mats on her that she won't let me anywhere near. I've tried to get them and she squirms and cries so much that I'm afraid I'll hurt her. Often when she gets a little matted spot, it eventually just falls off, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I think I'm going to have to break down and pay to have her groomed. Maybe a strange situation would have her cowed enough that she would sit there and take it!
    Our long haired guy HATED to be brushed and good luck if there was a mat. It got so bad as he got older that we had to concede defeat and take him in for a lion cut. The groomer was gushing so much about how much he loved the entire process, including the bath, that I insisted I open the carrier and inspect a missing tooth and nose scar to make sure I had the right cat!
    just1paul likes this.
    Wag more, bark less

Gut, there are no words. As hard as it is to make the decision, it is the least we can do in return for being the loves of their life. Sending hugs.
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I had it done yesterday. My daughter wasn't able to make it after all. It was very difficult, but I was there, breath for breath as he eased into his next big adventure. I laid him to rest along the fence to the woods where he loved to roam off-leash. I will plant a smoke bush over his grave, but right now I have a big bronze lion (he looked like a miniature lion and guarded our family well, which is what he was bred to do) and his water bowl that says "Good Dog".
    I'm glad you were able to stay with him. I love your selection of a smoke bush. Two varieties are 'Golden Spirit' and 'Royal Purple'. Very appropriate names as a remembrance for your little buddy.
    I planted a peony called 'Dancing Butterflies' for Chloe and this spring it was beautiful just like she was.
    just1paul and Cootie like this.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Gut. Knowing that you made the right decision for him doesn't make it any easier
    just1paul likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread