+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I would have thought that I would have won this battle after 3 months, but we are still knocking heads over my mailbox!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

If nothing else, put up a second mailbox and inform your mail carrier to use the new receptacle, as the old one has been overtaken by some squatters!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I haven't seen him around here in a while, but I thought some of you might like to know that Just1Paul (formerly Gabriel) has adopted an older female cat named Trouble. I, for one, am thrilled he has found another kitty to love.
    Yes- She is right.

Here is the story:
    Don Blaker one of my staff, came to me and asked if I knew a good vet for their two year old cat “Baby , so I told them to make an appointment with Dr. Bennetts at the Small Animal Hospital because she was so wonderful with Mona & Joey and I would meet them to introduce them to her. I also wanted to see everyone since it has been a year since Joey has been gone. The appointment was made for April 28, 2012..

The morning of the 28th I walked to the clinic and got there a bit early, Donnie called and said they were running late because someone broke into their car and stole the owner’s manual.

So with that going on I asked Jackie at the desk if Dr Bennetts would have time to see me. She came out and we were talking and I was actually starting to tear up talking to her, and told her that I was thinking of adopting since I think it was time and Mona & Joey would want me to. She said WELLLLL I have someone to show you, she is 13 and very very very shy, HER OWNER had to go into a nursing home, but let’s go see her. Dr. Bennetts gave me a tour of the “Back of the house” and then we went into a room with a few kennels and a sign on the main door that said “cat loose in room, watch your step” we walked over to where two kennels were open and in one of them was Trouble. Dr . Bennetts and I talked and I let Trouble smell my hand. I told Dr. I would think about it and call her Monday. During our conversation I think I said that 3 or 4 times. We ended up back in the reception area and I turned to Dr. and said I don’t need to think about it- I WILL adopt Trouble. Erin at the desk GAVE thumbs up and said we ALL KNEW YOU WOULD. I said I would call her Monday to make the arrangements. So Sunday I got her carrier, her condo from a pet supply store and a scooper. My partner at work Randy Crosby wanted to help “deliver” when I adopted and he was able to on Tuesday the 2nd.
    We walked Randy says “WE’RE LOOKING FOR TROUBLE” everyone cracked up.

So That is it!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    ...we ALL KNEW YOU WOULD.
    Duh! You're such a softy!
    just1paul likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle david View Post
    duh! You're such a softy!
    heh heh heh! - ME ???
    - The Dean Martin Show -

I'm so happy for you, Paul! She's a beauty. I'm sure she'll get over her shyness with some of your TLC!

I've found that the best way to get over a broken heart after losing a pet is to find another one to love. I didn't realize how sad I still was about losing Jasper until I brought Oliver home 6 months later. It was the best thing I could have done. That little guy just opened my heart right up.

I'm glad you and Trouble found each other!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    That little guy just opened my heart right up.
    I find that I'm incomplete without an animal or two living with me.
    just1paul and inthegarden like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

She's beautiful, Paul.
    just1paul likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm so happy for you, Paul! She's a beauty. I'm sure she'll get over her shyness with some of your TLC!

I've found that the best way to get over a broken heart after losing a pet is to find another one to love. I didn't realize how sad I still was about losing Jasper until I brought Oliver home 6 months later. It was the best thing I could have done. That little guy just opened my heart right up.

I'm glad you and Trouble found each other!
    Thank You
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    She's beautiful, Paul.
    Thank You
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread