+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Hooray for no parvo!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Prhoshay, thank you. It was so nerve racking to see her like that. I noticed yesterday when one of the others didn't want her grooming him that he hissed at her and she IMMEDIATELY laid (layed?) down and rolled over. That is a good sign.

So glad Boomer the puppy is OK!

for those that are interested we now have a live polar bear cam along with the wild eagle cam

Siku Cam

Siku was born last November and it has been fun watching him get bigger and bigger and I love watching him play
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

MRD I too am late to post my condolences about you losing your Rosie. I haven't been around for awhile, but I remember

Kate'sMom Expletive deleted regarding the malignant diagnosis. I just want to let you know that sometimes there are some holistic and/or just dietary measures that might be of help.

I absolutely agree with your choices. I have a lumpy (benign) little 11 year old girl and if things change there is no way I will cause her to have pain. She is total sweetness, so I just consider them lumps of sugar.

Sending hugs and prayers for the best.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I haven't seen him around here in a while, but I thought some of you might like to know that Just1Paul (formerly Gabriel) has adopted an older female cat named Trouble. I, for one, am thrilled he has found another kitty to love.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Haha, my cat was named Trouble when I got him! His name didn't seem to fit to me. He was just a little squirt so I started calling him Squirt and that name stuck.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am still battling those STOOOPID birds that are determined to build a nest in my mailbox!! It has been going back and forth between us for 2-3 months. I'd never seen them until today! They are cute and brown, and there is 2 of them. Yesterday, one of them dove on me when I was taking their stooopid nest junk out of the mailbox, by the handfuls. When I caught them this morning, apparently doing their evil deed, they flew to the little tree in front of my livingroom window. I opened my door, hoping the noise and movement would shoo them, and they just hopped to another, very-close-by branch. They sat there, taunting me...giving me the evil eye!!! I tried the door move again, and they didn't move! I left the door open so that the gurls would sit in the door hopefully, making them think twice!! I'm pretty sure it won't work. These stooopid birds are some nervy little farts!

I refuse to be defeated!!! Poop on the mail is just more than I am willing to tolerate!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I haven't seen him around here in a while, but I thought some of you might like to know that Just1Paul (formerly Gabriel) has adopted an older female cat named Trouble. I, for one, am thrilled he has found another kitty to love.
    That is great news to hear! I hope he posts some pics here soon!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

prhoshay: I tried looking up ideas on the internet, thinking maybe you could put a mothball or something else the birds wouldn't like in your mailbox, but didn't find anything like that.

It sounds like the best suggestion is to give the birds alternate housing nearby. Put a birdhouse near you mailbox and the next time you remove a nest from your mailbox, put it in the birdhouse to encourage the birds to keep it there. If you don't have any trees near it, you can put a post in the yard and attach the birdhouse to it.

Woodsprite Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

The birds sound like house wrens and they love to build their nest in small confined areas usually man made. They are not bother by people and are great bug catchers. I've had them build nest in hanging baskets, flower pots,and in small buckets. I have a pair that builds in a stack of flower pots in the greenhouse every year. They are not fazed by the cats, dogs or me when I'm working. They do like to fuss at us when we come around.
    If you keep tearing down the nest they will eventually move on.

+ Reply to Thread