+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1387Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    And to me Katesmom.I have tried to reply three times, I get all choked up. I have felt like you do.I still think about my special boy , even though I have other dogs. The one that saved me, will never be forgotten

I am thinking of Bailey and you.

FM
    Exactly!

Katesmom ... it makes a lot of sense and my current baby (now 11) got me through losing her big sister.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

KatesMom, I'll be thinking positive thoughts for Bailey. Just try to take a deep breath and take one step at a time. We so often let our mind go to the worst possible scenario. I know how hard it is not to worry, though. I'll be sending positive vibes your way. Big to you and a gentle hug to Bailey.

Thanks everyone! Just knowing that I'm not crazy to be so upset helps. I think people that don't have animals really don't understand. They try to be supportive, but they don't get it. Whoever said it above was right - they are not possessions, they are just as much "people" as the other important people in our lives. And I'm not even sure I was this upset when my mom got skin cancer. I think because I just feel like this dog is just pure unconditional love and so the thought of her hurting in any way just destroys me.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Thanks everyone! Just knowing that I'm not crazy to be so upset helps. I think people that don't have animals really don't understand. They try to be supportive, but they don't get it. Whoever said it above was right - they are not possessions, they are just as much "people" as the other important people in our lives. And I'm not even sure I was this upset when my mom got skin cancer. I think because I just feel like this dog is just pure unconditional love and so the thought of her hurting in any way just destroys me.
    Our fur babies are very loyal, they love us unconditionally.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And they don't give unwanted advice! Holding you all close, KM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRD View Post
    It breaks my heart to report that we had to have Rosie put to sleep this morning. She has been deteriorating, but in the last 24 hours, it got much worse and she started to suffer, so it was time. She would have been 15 on March 11. She was so much a part of our life and family for the past 15 years. For a little girl, she leaves a huge hole. I would say she is on Rainbow Bridge with Waldo, but they didn't get along in real life. I think that our Annie met her there this morning. We had Annie when we got Rosie as a puppy and it was Annie that trained Rosie and the two were close until Annie passed. So she is with my folks, Annie, Jay, Mona, Joey and Simon. If any of the moderators are reading this, would it be possible to change my user name to MRD instead of spelling it out? Thanks.
    I'm late getting to this thread but just want to add my condolences. I lost a cat about a year ago. She used to go outside part of the day and one day she just vanished. I don't know if she died of natural causes, got hit by a car, got stolen by somebody, or what. After several weeks passed, I had to face the fact that I would never see her again.

I used to use her name and a series of numbers as my password on various internet sites and I had to go back and change all of them. It was too painful to enter my password and be reminded of my loss. I can understand why you would want to change your username here for the same reason.

I don't think the pain of losing a cherished pet ever goes away. As much as you love pets to come in the future, you'll always hold a special place in your heart for the ones you lost. At least you got the chance to raise those precious animals and they got to live out their life with someone who loved them deeply.
    Last edited by pikachu; 04-27-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Kind of like the saying goes....Don't cry because they died....Celebrate/be happy because they lived.

I still miss my Gail something awful, but I can laugh when I remember her personality and her antics. She brought a ton of joy to my life.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Katesmom, I totally understand! When I lost my Jasper a few years ago, I was devastated. He got me through a horrible time in my life when I was struggling with depression and away from family in a small college town. Some days, he was the only thing that kept me from checking out. Some animals are just special (ALL of them are special, but you know what I mean) and they become more than beloved pets and family members. I still miss Jasper and, although I adore my two cats, it's not the same.

Hang in there and at least try not to think too much about it. I know that's an impossible task. Maybe go shopping or watch something silly on TV.

My thoughts are with you and I'll have my fingers crossed for the best possible outcome for Bailey
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The biopsy came back malignant. We are meeting with the vet on Monday to discuss options. I have talked to multiple people who put their animals through the surgery and radiation, only to have to put them down 3-6 months later because of how much they were suffering. As I said before, Bailey is 11. I am not putting her through that. Right now, she is eating and drinking and does not appear to be suffering at all. So we will see what the vet says on Monday. Hopefully there is some other option out there - or they can magically tell me that if they remove the tumor, that is it. But my mind is already made up that I am not putting her through something that is going to hurt her or make her suffer, just because I may not be ready to let her go. I just want her to live and enjoy life as much as she can for as long as she can.

+ Reply to Thread