+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

You did a hard but kind thing, MRD. She was a well loved little doggie.

MRD, so sad! I feel like I knew both Rosie and Waldo as you so kindly shared so many aspects of their lives with us. Maybe she has met up with my Tiny cat, a sweetie we lost a few years ago. I will be thinking of you.

MRD

Thank you so much everyone. I have never had a pet that lived that long, she has been such a huge part of our lives. My dauhter was 6 years old when we got Rosie. She used to dress her in doll clothes and push her in a stroller. Now my daughter is grown, married, has a baby that she dresses and pushes in the stroller. and for the first time in 15 years, we aer down to just one dog.

I can't believe she's gone. I can't stop crying. I am really having a hard time with this. I had the mods change my user name as I couldn't face being Myrosiedog anymore.

Again, thanks so much you guys. I am still in shock, even tho, I did know that it was coming sooner, rather than later.

And I'm glad everyone enjoyed all the stories I shared about her and Waldo. I miss him too. You are all wonderful. I know I haven't been around FORT in a while and I glad, I still have friends here and I thank you all from our whole family.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It was always part of my ritual to log in and see what was up with Rosie and Waldo. It was like looking forward to reading my favorite comic strip everyday. Chin up, MRD. When you are feeling the sadness, give that precious grandson a good snuggle. I promise you, it will help.
    MRD likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD It is a comfort to be able to come here and talk/type out our sorrows when we lose a part of our heart.
    She was greeted by many of our much loved furry friends.
    I'm sure that they are all dining on big chunks of Cheese, Doritos and Boiled Eggs.... Keeping you in my thoughts.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

MRD

Thanks again everyone. If they are dining on that food, I can guarantee Rosie has managed to get it all for herself and is guarding it from the rest of them.

I'm so sorry to hear about Rosie, MRD. It's never easy letting go, even when you know it's the right thing to do. We all know, when we bring home that puppy or kitten, that this is part of the deal, but it seems like we never have enough time with them.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

So sorry to hear this, MRD--will try to remember to MRD you in caps now. I've had to put down a very long lived cat ... one we'd had longer than our children by far at that point.... and it is so painful, but you know when it is the right thing to do, to ease their pain rather than to keep them with you to avoid your own.

Sorry for your loss MRD! Just saw it in the troubles thread. You gave her a long, wonderful life. She was a pisser huh?

I am about to face the same with Buddy soon. We've had him for 6 years now and he was an older dog when we got him. We figure he's about 12 or 13 now - no idea for sure. He is losing the feeling in his back legs. No accidents lately but we have to "tell" him to go or he won't. Its getting tough on him and us but he's sooooo not ready to be counted out yet!

I'll definitely keep y'all posted b/c I'll be needing the support when he goes. Take care everyone!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Sorry for your loss MRD! Just saw it in the troubles thread. You gave her a long, wonderful life. She was a pisser huh?

I am about to face the same with Buddy soon. We've had him for 6 years now and he was an older dog when we got him. We figure he's about 12 or 13 now - no idea for sure. He is losing the feeling in his back legs. No accidents lately but we have to "tell" him to go or he won't. Its getting tough on him and us but he's sooooo not ready to be counted out yet!

I'll definitely keep y'all posted b/c I'll be needing the support when he goes. Take care everyone!
    Oh she was. I'm sorry to hear you will be facing the same soon. Yesterday Rosie would have been 15. I remember taking my daughter out to see the puppies when they had just opened their eyes. She had on a cute little dress and black Wellington like mud boots. She was 5 years old. Now, she is married and has a baby. Wow. Bogie is just now starting to act depressed. He did ok until this past weekend. Now that the weather is getting warmer, my daughter and I plan to get out and walk and I can take Bogey and she can push the stroller. It will be so much easier with one dog and one leash. But it is kind of sad, I've spent 15 years getting tangled up in leashes and that won't happen now. (Bogie behaves MUCH better by himself).

+ Reply to Thread