+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Some "people" just aren't happy unless they have something to complain about!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My groomer-lady has me grooming my short haired gurls with a flea comb. The purring is deafening! I was using a medium comb, and I was not loved at all....nothing but growling and hissing. I save that one for the Maine Coon. Live and learn time for me!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My dog has exceeded his breed's life expectancy and is starting to really slow down. He barely goes out to do his business and the rest of the time he spends sleeping. Every 3 or 4 days he appears to be "achey" in the legs like he has arthritis. Once he gets going he's ok, but when he first gets up from sleeping he limps or moves gingerly. Then the next day he's fine. I hate to think I'll have to make a decision one of these days about him. My mom is having a huge 80th birthday shindig this coming summer that I will want to be gone about a week for and I'm already worried about what to do with him. He has never been to a kennel and would absolutely hate it. He's not fond of strangers and the elderly woman next door who has taken care of him in the past has had her health decline recently so I wouldn't want to ask her to watch him. Some of my students live nearby, but I'm not sure I want them having free-range of my house. Hmmmm.
    At our Veterinarian's office, there are several Vet Techs that will come to your home and take care of your pet while you are away. With your pups advance age, I was wondering if this might be an option for you. They would also have medical training if he needed help.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    At our Veterinarian's office, there are several Vet Techs that will come to your home and take care of your pet while you are away. With your pups advance age, I was wondering if this might be an option for you. They would also have medical training if he needed help.
    Wow, you are very lucky .I wish we had that option. I should call around, the vets might know of someone
    inthegarden likes this.

Never heard of that. Thanks! He's been feeling peppier lately. Such a sweetie.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Wow, you are very lucky .I wish we had that option. I should call around, the vets might know of someone
    I do feel lucky. They are the best group that I have worked with and so compassionate when dealing with my animals.
    They don't treat me like the crazy lady, (I know that's what they think ).
    Fanny Mare likes this.

MRD

It breaks my heart to report that we had to have Rosie put to sleep this morning. She has been deteriorating, but in the last 24 hours, it got much worse and she started to suffer, so it was time. She would have been 15 on March 11. She was so much a part of our life and family for the past 15 years. For a little girl, she leaves a huge hole. I would say she is on Rainbow Bridge with Waldo, but they didn't get along in real life. I think that our Annie met her there this morning. We had Annie when we got Rosie as a puppy and it was Annie that trained Rosie and the two were close until Annie passed. So she is with my folks, Annie, Jay, Mona, Joey and Simon. If any of the moderators are reading this, would it be possible to change my user name to MRD instead of spelling it out? Thanks.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    It breaks my heart to report that we had to have Rosie put to sleep this morning. She has been deteriorating, but in the last 24 hours, it got much worse and she started to suffer, so it was time. She would have been 15 on March 11. She was so much a part of our life and family for the past 15 years. For a little girl, she leaves a huge hole. I would say she is on Rainbow Bridge with Waldo, but they didn't get along in real life. I think that our Annie met her there this morning. We had Annie when we got Rosie as a puppy and it was Annie that trained Rosie and the two were close until Annie passed. So she is with my folks, Annie, Jay, Mona, Joey and Simon. .
    Oh I am so sorry. MRD, I truly am. I am looking at mine asleep at my feet, and I could just weep reading this. Sending big hugs
    FM
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

You forgot to count in that Rosie was part of our FoRT family, too. I am so sorry for your loss. Losing our family members, like that, totally changes our family dynamics.
    MRD likes this.

MRD

Shay, that is one of the nicest things I've been told today.

Everyone has been so kind and to think that because of this forum and mostly because of the animal thread, I have made some really wonderful friends, several of which I have met in the "real" world.

Thanks all for your kind words. It's gonna be a hard road for a while.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread