+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Sorry about your loss, Ace. Remember that your other dogs will be grieving, too. Maybe talking about Lynk to them will help you all. I'm sure they will recognize the name and you will be communicating with them about how all of you are sad together. Give them lots of extra love.
    Count your blessings!

Sorry for your loss Ace!

Buddy is still hanging in there! He's had some accidents due to his losing feeling in his lower region and has had some slips and falls due to his leg being/feeling asleep but overall he's still a very happy dog! We haven't looked into getting him a wheeled device anymore. we think he would want to use it much to get around. Now he's hopping around and doing fine. We lift him to get on the bed and couch when he needs to. I know it will eventually get worse but so far so good. We'll take it for now!

My dog has exceeded his breed's life expectancy and is starting to really slow down. He barely goes out to do his business and the rest of the time he spends sleeping. Every 3 or 4 days he appears to be "achey" in the legs like he has arthritis. Once he gets going he's ok, but when he first gets up from sleeping he limps or moves gingerly. Then the next day he's fine. I hate to think I'll have to make a decision one of these days about him. My mom is having a huge 80th birthday shindig this coming summer that I will want to be gone about a week for and I'm already worried about what to do with him. He has never been to a kennel and would absolutely hate it. He's not fond of strangers and the elderly woman next door who has taken care of him in the past has had her health decline recently so I wouldn't want to ask her to watch him. Some of my students live nearby, but I'm not sure I want them having free-range of my house. Hmmmm.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My dog has exceeded his breed's life expectancy and is starting to really slow down. He barely goes out to do his business and the rest of the time he spends sleeping. Every 3 or 4 days he appears to be "achey" in the legs like he has arthritis. Once he gets going he's ok, but when he first gets up from sleeping he limps or moves gingerly. Then the next day he's fine. I hate to think I'll have to make a decision one of these days about him. My mom is having a huge 80th birthday shindig this coming summer that I will want to be gone about a week for and I'm already worried about what to do with him. He has never been to a kennel and would absolutely hate it. He's not fond of strangers and the elderly woman next door who has taken care of him in the past has had her health decline recently so I wouldn't want to ask her to watch him. Some of my students live nearby, but I'm not sure I want them having free-range of my house. Hmmmm.
    We had a pet sitter come to the home. She was bonded, and we interviewed her.She asked alot of questions, it was a win win for all of us. Sadly she has given this up due to illness, but that might be a solution if you could find someone

Oh, I've been there! If there's no pet sitter available, can you take your dog with you? If your mom doesn't want the dog in her home, maybe there's someone by her place, a friend or relative who wouldn't mind helping you out? If he's okay to travel, that is.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I thought of taking him, but I'm not sure if he'll be up for it. I know she would prefer that I didn't, but if it was that or not come, she'd want me there. There are going to be a LOT of extra relatives which means I'd have to keep him in a carrier of some sort away from the hubbub. It may be a moot point by the time it rolls around.
    I'll look into whether there are bonded pet sitters in our area, Fanny Mare. I live in a small mill town.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I thought of taking him, but I'm not sure if he'll be up for it. I know she would prefer that I didn't, but if it was that or not come, she'd want me there. There are going to be a LOT of extra relatives which means I'd have to keep him in a carrier of some sort away from the hubbub. It may be a moot point by the time it rolls around.
    I'll look into whether there are bonded pet sitters in our area, Fanny Mare. I live in a small mill town.
    Well, I wish you luck , I know its so very hard to leave them The next thing we are looking at, its a woman that takes in dogs, and they are allowed all over her house .I worry that mine will be unhappy wherever they are.

for those that are interested in watching wild eagles in their nest mom gave birth to her 2nd egg tonight at 10:06 EST tonight the first was born on 2/17 last year she laid 3 eggs so she still may have another coming usually they come within 3 to 4 days apart

Decorah Eagles, Ustream.TV: 02/20/12 Moderated Chat is now up! Great information about eggs. RRP Blog Have a white screen and are using Internet Explor...
    Lizard and Fanny Mare like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

This is so neat! thanks ButterflyFaery

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Today my older cats had their annual check-up; the boy is 18 and has had chronic renal failure going on about three years now and the girl is 16 and has thyroid problems she's medicated for. Given their ages and their chronic health issues, I was a bit nervous about the appointment, but it was all for naught! Both had gained about a half-pound (which is good for them), have strong sounding hearts, and all their tests came out with a clean bill of health. So as long as we maintain our special diets and medicine, they should remain the furry curmudgeons that they are. They really don't like the dog and still don't 100% get along with the kittens, but I think they like being perturbed & it keeps them going.
    Jamie5632 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread