+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1385Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Pets do bring so much joy into our lives, don't they?

Shay, when they get older, often times you need to lift them onto the chair , bed, etc.
    I still can't lift a pet, so I've got to wait.
    I have had young cats / kittens before. They're usually adopted at the shelters. The old cats are not. That's why I pick them. They deserve some happiness, too.
    I got Annie from a shelter, she was left outside and apparently tied up.(grrr!!!) For some time she hid, but slowly she came around, she's precious. They dont know how old she was, as she was bone thin, and had already had a litter.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This winter has been so warm until those stupid birds that show up every spring to build a nest in my mailbox have already started their spring act! I keep having to pull out nesting materials that those stupid things keep delivering!!! I'm talking handfuls!!! I've not seen the little demons, but they leave their calling cards. Unbelievable!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm so glad to know that many of our pets are older and came from shelters.
    The poor babies need love just like the younger ones!

Shay, I tried using a stepper for Monet, but he always insisted on getting up himself. sometimes it took a few tries, but he usually made it.
    I think the animal kingdom can be a bit proud just like us.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Hey everybody. Haven't been into this thread in quite a while but unfortunately it is not on good terms. I have four dogs and my oldest, Lynk, a golden retriever died last night. It was completely sudden and out of the blue and almost 24 hours later I am still in complete shock and my heart is completely broken. So I woke up to go to school yesterday and I noticed one of my dogs did not eat their food. At first I couldn't tell which because they all eat around each other but I quickly noticed something was off about Lynk. When I leave for school/work I kennel them up but decided to leave Lynk out with a bone. I was at school for 4 hours and when I came home the bone had not been touched. I immediatly noticed she was acting lethargic and decided to cuddle and watch tv with all four. Within an hour I noticed Lynk didn't look so well and she couldn't stand up. I freaked and we took her to the emergency hospital where I found out she had an undetectable tumor that had burst and her stomach was filling with blood. I had to decide to euthanise her or do a surgery that only had a 40-50% chance of working and even then she would only live for 4 to 6 months. I chose to euthanise her and loved her while she went. I told her she was a good dog and itched behind her ears which is what she loved. Now I am haunted about everything that happened last night and just so, so sad. The pain is almost as awful as when I lost my Mother, I just can't believe it. I have this feeling of dread in my stomach and I am just so distraught. I miss her so much. Sorry for coming on here and being a downer I am just very, very sad and I remember previously you all have cheered me up and helped me deal with my pet issues (A year ago my youngest got out of the backyard and was missing for three days BUT we got her back Christmas Eve and during that time you all told me to stay positive and it worked! ).

Ace Medallion It is such a terrible feeling to lose a loved pet under any situation and I am so sorry for your loss. When you love a pet and take care of one like you did Lynk, you can't help but feel guilty about what you could have done differently. Unfortunately, there was nothing you could have done. Think of all the good times that each of you had and how you showed her how much you loved her everyday. You made a very loving gesture in the way you chose not to let her suffer and stayed with her as she passed over the rainbow bridge. I remember your hunt for your lost pet and I thought then, what a great friend you are to your pups. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Ace Medallion I echo what inthegarden has said. I am so sorry for your loss. I feel your pain, having been through something similar with a dog of ours. Please take solace in the fact you had Lynk in your life, and he had you. Don't feel guilty, but you will feel sad, because you have lost a member of your family, and you need to grieve. Sending you very good vibes and all my good thoughts.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Ace, I'm so so sorry for your loss! I know what it's like to have to make the decision and, no matter how right that choice is, it is absolutely heart rending! Grief for a loved one is the same, whether for your sweet companion Lynk or for another family member. I am so glad that you were able to be with her when she passed. I am sure that your loving presence and voice eased her out of this world in comfort and peace.

The hurt will be raw for awhile, so treat yourself well, Ace. Just keep remembering her, and how much you loved each other.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Ace Medallion, I am so sorry for you. I don't know if I can cheer you up but I do understand how devastating the loss of a dear pet can be. Some would say that you have other dogs, but I know that each are unique and are missed for so many reasons! I made a similar decision with my Tiny cat a few years ago and the shock of how sudden it was really hurt. And still does. It is good you came here so we can be with you in spirit. I will keep you in my thoughts!

I am sorry Ace Medallion. You had no control over that. Think good thoughts. You are a good person. When you do that, you do it for yourself and your mother. God and time heals. And your mom is still with you.
    You can do it!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Ace Medallion, so sorry for what you are going through. Lynk was a lucky dog to be in your household. Losing a beloved pet is a painful loss, for it is a family member you've said goodbye to. My condolences to you on the loss of your Mom. Like Lizard stated, "God and time heals".

+ Reply to Thread