+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Gorgeous Monet. RIP. Thanks for giving him a loving home.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Norealityhere, so sorry about Monet. You were his angel.

norealityhere I'm so sorry to hear about Monet.
    He sure was a handsome fellow. I know he had a wonderful life with you.

Shay, Lopevian & InntheGarden,

THanks so much for your kind thoughts. I appreciate them and I just know that Monet is smiling down from the rainbow bridge.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm so sorry about your beloved Monet, norealityhere. What a beauty he was! Bless you for adopting him at such an advanced age.

Thank you, EastCoastMom.
    I will probably adopt another senior cat once I recover from my hand surgery and am able to pick he/she up.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Senior cats don't need to be taken care of like a kitten, that's for sure! And kittens are just like having another baby in the house.....which a lot of people know is just like having a human baby. You've even got to babyproof the house!! Life is just a lot simpler with a senior, for sure.

Good luck, nrh!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Norealityhere How good of you to adopt a cat that age.I have a cat and dogs, I love them all.I cant even read something where a beloved pet has been put to rest. Monet was lucky, I imagine you think the very same way, having him in your life.

Pets do bring so much joy into our lives, don't they?

Shay, when they get older, often times you need to lift them onto the chair , bed, etc.
    I still can't lift a pet, so I've got to wait.
    I have had young cats / kittens before. They're usually adopted at the shelters. The old cats are not. That's why I pick them. They deserve some happiness, too.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Actually, I've seen many older cats at the shelters....in fact that's where Miss Celie came from. I've got steps leading up to my bed (bought at some place like Home Depot...one of those little 2-step stools), and they all enjoy using them....not just my 15-year old, who was never a leaper in her entire life with me. Kittens are fun and adorable, but they are WORK!!

I actually bought that step-stool for my convenience, but ended up giving it to them. It beat the heck out of buying those overpriced carpeted steps that they want to sell you.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-07-2012 at 12:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread