+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I don't give my cats any shots. One recently passed away, and she made it to the age of 18 & a half without vaccinations. My vet says they're not necessary for indoor cats.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Phroshay, talk to your vet, not a groomer, about vaccinations. Where I live, therwe are so many indoor/outdoor and stray cats that if you don't give a 4-way booster yearly, you will still track in respiratory viruses. even with the vacine, we get sneezies and so forth. Without it, we get seriously sick cats. Then again I do have a fairly big herd o cats currently.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I might add that my groomer is a long-time breeder of kitties, also...not just strictly a groomer. I've had cats for many, many years, but her experience far exceeds mine, for sure. I do understand what you are saying about talk to the vet, though. Not only do my gurls not step a toe out of doors, but I seldom see any cats roaming in my area...in fact, it's been years since I've seen one. Any interest in going out seems to have disappeared years ago. I can stand, holding the door open and the most I've seen going on is one sitting waaay across the room, just looking.

I've gotten hyperthyroid/hypertension gurl under control with her meds, finally, and she has turned into an "I've got to have water with my pills" gurl! Miss Sashay, when she hears me getting the pills out, immediately goes tritty-trotting off to the vanity to sit and wait for me. I give her the pills, and she then proceeds to drink the drip from the faucet for about 5-10 minutes. She comes back with her "hair" on the top of her head all spiked up! It is hilarious. Since I space out the two pills, when it's time for her second one, she will sit there and look at me until I say, "Well, I've taken mine! It's your turn!", and then it's off to the vanity to sit and wait. She is doing extremely well, thank goodness.
    KatesMom and inthegarden like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Nobody here goes outside either, but we do have lots of wandering kitties! Probably in your case a booster every couple of years is good enough. Oh, and all the NC cats are now here. We have a litter of SEVEN babies, and more coming in March.
    inthegarden likes this.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Part of me wishes I had wandering kitties....but I'd probably end up in trouble! I just love to watch them. You are very blessed! Groomer-lady did suggest that I go to 3-year rabies shots.

4 gurls are enough for me, but the weakness is always there!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

17 Cats Sitting in Things....Too Cute!

17 Cats Sitting In Things (PHOTOS)
    lopevian likes this.
    CYA

Cute! Love fruitbowl cat.
    Count your blessings!

I love the way Abercrombie & Fitch Cat lines up perfectly with the picture on the bag.

One of my favorite places when I need a good laugh is ICanHasCheezburger.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I just had to put Monet to sleep last week.
    He had advanced renal failure - his values were even higher than Chaucer's had been before we put him to sleep. Monet also had drooling from his mouth caused by bleeding gums, etc.
    The poor little guy. I had adopted him when he was 12 - at least that's what the shelter thought he was, but they have no real way of knowing. I like to think he had at least 5 really good years with me.
    RIP, Monet, one of the sweetest cats ever.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Norealityhere I am glad you had five good years with her. You gave her love and a good home.

I find cats to be more difficult health wise than dogs. All three that I had past away at 7 years old. I am an animal person. But you people have the magic touch getting your cat babies to have such long lives. I stick to our dog and my birds (who I hope will live out the full ten and twenty year span keets and tiels live).
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread