+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't think that red-skinned "Itchy" is still next door! I usually hear him at all hours of the day and night, but I don't think I heard a thing yesterday, and nothing today. Of course, now that I've said that, he'll go on a rant! I did see his PIA (pain-in-the-arse) owner's and her boyfriend's car over there yesterday....not an everyday thing.
    Hopefully he's at the vet getting some care!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I spoke too soon!!! He reappeared this evening, with his hoarse, low bark. He's still scratching. Poor Pooh.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Paul hasn't dropped here lately.

But I am doing well. Mostly on FACEBOOK now.

Merry Christmas to all of you!
    Uncle David likes this.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Really good to hear from you. Merry Christmas!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Took Miss Sashay for a bath at the groomer today. She is BEAUTIFUL!!!! And I think she feels pretty....oh, so pretty.... She's been posing around the house ever since she got home.

Dez keeps going up to her and burying her nose in her fur. Dez really loves her sister! This evening, out of gratitude, I'm sure, Miss Sashay tried to kill me with killer kitty farts! How does anything so foul come out of something so gorgeous???
    inthegarden likes this.

LOL Prhoshay! I think the same thing from my dogs. Whew - they smell bad and they are sleeping when they do it too!

I saw an African penguin on television this morning. I feel out of the loop, but that sounds like an oxymoron to me! They are acclimated to the hot weather. Cute, though!
    Bunny555 likes this.

Penguins don't just live in the Antarctic. I was somewhat surprised as well, but we saw lots of them when we lived in Chile.

Penguins also live in Argentina, the Galapagos, Australia and in New Zealand. And of course Antarctica! My first graders study penguins every year and they have helped me learn this. You can see pictures of them on Google Earth if you go to the right spots.

On another note, my Buddy cat goes for his checkup on Monday. He is now 12 and a half years old and doing quite well. Like me, he is waiting for spring!

People with senior cats....do you still give your cats anything other than the rabies vaccinations if they are strictly indoor cats? My groomer says that continuing giving them all of the shots can actually be worse for them, due to the mercury in the shots. She drew the analogy to not continuing to give children shots after they get their initial shots for school...she called them "baby shots". Rabies shots are required, by law, and she says the 3 year shots are better.

+ Reply to Thread