+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1269Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Yikes. This is hard. We are with you.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sending good thoughts your way, PGM35! For you and Buddy. My two are 10 and 11 and I know their time is coming. I am just trying to enjoy them for as long as I can!

All right, dog people....help me out. I am not a dog person, and I need some guidance. Today, I saw the dog next door, and this poor thing looked "mangy". This dog could not stand to menace me for having to scratch his sides with his hind paws. He just kept switching from foot to foot. It was very sad. I don't really know these neighbors, so talking to them is out of the question. It looks, to me like the dog is living in squalid conditions inside a small storage shed. Who do I call? We have a humane society and a metro animal services. I am not a dog person, but you will NOT mistreat/neglect a dog around me and expect to have that behavior tolerated.
    livin4reality and Uncle David like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'd call Metro Animal Services and ask them. Sounds to me like he needs medical care for the scratching. If he really has mange, it needs to be treated.

I did, right after I read your post. They took information and will investigate! Thanks, PGM! I hope this is all for nothing.

My gurls were not that helpful!

I hope it turns out well for everyone's sake, especially "Itchy".

My youngster cat is sassing me. When I correct his misbehavior, he grumbles and meows as he walks away.

I had a sweet gurl like that, and she remained that way until the day she died. She (Abigail Michelle) was all about the drama! She was hilarious. My kitties, generally, were not allowed outside, and when she'd get out and run to hide in her USUAL spot, I'd send my son out to go get her. "Go get your sister!!" She'd let him bring her back in, and the moment she got inside and he put her down, she'd snatch around, jump at him, and slap his foot as hard as she could! He'd always say, "What are you hitting ME for???" It was hilarious! And then she'd just go on, about her business! If I caught her doing something that she knew was forbidden, and yelled at her, she'd jump down, trot off, moaning and whining with each step, as she left. I really miss her.
    inthegarden likes this.

Anybody heard from Paul lately?

I don't think that red-skinned "Itchy" is still next door! I usually hear him at all hours of the day and night, but I don't think I heard a thing yesterday, and nothing today. Of course, now that I've said that, he'll go on a rant! I did see his PIA (pain-in-the-arse) owner's and her boyfriend's car over there yesterday....not an everyday thing.

+ Reply to Thread