+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

By accident, I found the best cat toy.
    It is really a kid toy, so my cat is well supervised when he is playing.
    It is called a Hexbug, HEXBUG Micro Robotic Creatures - HEXBUG, the one we play with is the Nano. It is a small robotic battery operated "bug". It works best on a hard surface or floor or you can put it in a box or other open top container (something that your cat can reach in and swat at the bug). The nano bug moves by vibration and acts just like a real bug, running along the floor, and turns when it runs into objects. The only way it stops is if it gets caught on something.
    My cat loves to chase, stalk and swat at the bug as it scurries along the floor. He will sit in a chair and watch the bug and when he can't stand it any longer, will do the butt wiggle and pounce. The bug keeps right on moving. I have a big round low sided pottery bowl in which I put 2 bugs, they chase round and round the bowl and my cat sits and watches giving the occasional swat.
    Of course, I'm having a great time watching him!

I wish they had been around when my son was little, he would have loved them too!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Not my son!!! Just give him a box that he could crawl in and out of and he was in heaven!!! My gurls tend to be like that, too!!

(Don't exactly know what that says, but it is what it is!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks for that link, inthegarden!! I ended up getting one for my grown son for Christmas. Just the kind of thing he gets a kick out of.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Thanks for that link, inthegarden!! I ended up getting one for my grown son for Christmas. Just the kind of thing he gets a kick out of.
    You are welcome. They are the neatest toy I have seen in awhile. They also have Nano's that glow in the dark.

Oh my gosh! Gotta get one for Miss Kitty!

Since this is the time of year that many of us go out of our way to give to others in need and I know that they are grateful but I am asking that those of you who can afford it to please remember the animals too.....if you are able please buy an extra bag of dog and /or cat food and litter and give it to a local non kill animal shelter or rescue group....so many of us forget the ones that can't speak for themselves...THANK YOU
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

There's something about a beagle....it WAS a tearjerker!

Quote Originally Posted by famita View Post
    There's something about a beagle....it WAS a tearjerker!
    that beagle has already been adopted..it happened about a month ago..it was in Alabama at one of the pounds they put 18 animals in there to gas them and put them down and when they went to open the door the beagle was just sitting there wagging his tail wanting to get out..he drew national attention and had about 300 families wanting to adopt him then...he was finally adopted by a guy up north somewhere and there was a picture of him just hugging and kissing the dog..but its a dog gone shame that a dog has to make history like that to be adopted all those other families would make a huge differance in other dog's lives if they would go and adopt another one just because he's not famous doesn't mean he won't love you and be a good pet
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Buddy's getting worse. But he's not ready to give up yet. We can see it in his eyes. He has a lot of fight left. Its so hard to see him struggling with his legs and he's had a few accidents lately that he doesn't understand at all. You can just tell when a dog doesn't know what he's doing. He can't feel it sometimes. He does pee/poop on command so we are trying to keep that up for as long as possible. Not sure if anyone else has been through this before or not (dog losing the feeling in his back legs and pelvic area.)

+ Reply to Thread