+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I volunteered at the veterinary hospital of the local zoo ages ago. Spent one Sunday afternoon holding the business end of a large indigo snake while the vet stitched together numerous holes compliments of a rodent who got hungry before the snake did. Poor snake looked like a garden soaker hose.

My cats are carnivores, so I feed them rodents and small birds too, but thawed.
    Ok, it never once occurred to me that the rodent would hurt the snake. I've known several snake owners & never heard of it. Interesting!

First time I've heard of feeding freeze dried rodents to a cat, too. I did get a lecture from a vet about cats being carnivores & not giving them dry cat food, which I did take to heart. You can get freeze dried birds?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    I saw this on my facebook and thought I would share.....so true but also so sad. When I sell my chihuahua puppies I make sure they are to be very sure that they want one as I do NOT like seeing them or any dog or animal for that matter be rehomed.

I died today....You got tired of me and took me to the shelter. They were overcrowded and I drew an unlucky number. I am in a black plastic bag in a landfill now. Some other puppy will get the barely used leash you left. My collar was dirty and too small, but the lady took it off before she sent me to the Rainbow Bridge . Would I still be at home if I hadnít chewed your shoe? I didnít know what it was, but it was leather, and it was on the floor. I was just playing. You forgot to get puppy toys. Would I still be at home if I had been housebroken? Rubbing my nose in what I did only made me ashamed that I had to go at all. There are books and obedience teachers that would have taught you how to teach me to go to the door. Would I still be at home if I hadnít brought fleas into the house? Without anti-flea medicine, I couldnít get them off of me after you left me in the yard for days. Would I still be at home if I hadnít barked? I was only saying, ďIím scared, Iím lonely, Iím here, Iím here! I want to be your best friend.Ē Would I still be at home if I had made you happy? Hitting me didnít make me learn how. Would I still be at home if you had taken the time to care for me and to teach manners to me? You didnít pay attention to me after the first week or so, but I spent all my time waiting for you to love me. I died today.
    WOW - this brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I used to live in a huge old house that had mice. My mother gave me a kitty, and this cat used to catch the mice and "peel" them (and, I assume, eat the skin and fur)....and left the rest of the body for me to just come across. Totally freaked me out!!! Yucko, Kitty!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Eeeww, but going to give you some kittybaby pics anyway. Shyra, I am going to be very picky about my kitties too, and most of my cat breeder friends have a part in the contract that asks buyers to return the cat even if it's grown, if something happens so they can't keep it. We will then use the purebred rescue group to find a place for the kitty. Luckily, Burmese are addictive, and there are very rarely any in that situation.

Pandora really needs to think about weaning these things before she vanishes under the pile!

WARNING EXTREME CUTENESS AHEAD NEXT @ PIX

But Devil Kitty wants your soul...

I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Queenb, the kittens are so cute!!!! My friend had one, I totally fell in love with her and when she had to be put down a few years ago because of cancer, the vet thought I lived at their house with them all because I was crying just as hard as they were.

How old are they now?

Thy are 6 weeks, so I've got them for 6 more, need to start looking for prospective buyers now, though. I know lots of people give away kittens at 8 weeks, but almost all purebred cat breeders usually feel its better to wait 12 weeks for the Momcat to teach them more, plus the kittens will be healthier waiting that long and we do like to have all early health care done since there is a health guarantee!
    I feel really sad when I see 6 week old kitties or puppies advertised, I think that's entirely too early.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

6 weeks is way too young in my opinion. It is my guess that Joey was 6 weeks because he was soooo small. Those kittens are so cute queenb.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

OMG, queenb, those kittens are so precious! It's hard to remember how tiny they can be....especially when my "little guy" now weighs about 13 or 14 lbs!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

queenb, they are so precious!! Kudos to you and Pandora for taking such good care of them now and doing what you need to as far as future health too. I cracked up at the " but Devil Kitt Wants Your Soul" caption; thanks for that!!
    Wag more, bark less

Oh queenb, I'm not a "cat-person" but MAN those kittens are adorable!! And I agree that last caption made me LOL!

+ Reply to Thread