+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Seems like snakes wouldn't like frozen food since they are cold-blooded, anyway. Aren't they always looking to get warm? Wouldn't frozen food just make them colder and unhappier?

Gross!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I volunteered at the veterinary hospital of the local zoo ages ago. Spent one Sunday afternoon holding the business end of a large indigo snake while the vet stitched together numerous holes compliments of a rodent who got hungry before the snake did. Poor snake looked like a garden soaker hose.

My cats are carnivores, so I feed them rodents and small birds too, but thawed.

That's why if the snake didn't kill the mouse immediately, I'd take it out and try later. You thaw out the frozen rats for the snakes and get them to room temp also. These days, if I see a snake outside, I catch it and check it out and let it go immediately, might keep it a day to show to someone, but put it back where it came from afterward.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Seems like snakes wouldn't like frozen food since they are cold-blooded, anyway. Aren't they always looking to get warm? Wouldn't frozen food just make them colder and unhappier?
    You serve at whatever temperature the animal prefers. I serve mice at "mice" temperature, after heating the thawed mice in a plastic bag in warm water. My cats prefer them that way, but one is so excited at the prospect of food he'd rather not wait so long, LOL.

You guys are making me tune up my face, and making my eyes water. Eeeeeewwwww.......!
    Turning green, here!

queen, we've not heard anything about "the babies" in forever! You are neglecting us!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Shyra, I'm so sorry you lost your furry friend. It's sad you didn't get to say good-bye, but it sounds like katiegirl knew she had your love.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie View Post
    Shyra, I'm so sorry you lost your furry friend. It's sad you didn't get to say good-bye, but it sounds like katiegirl knew she had your love.
    Thanks Brunette Trixie. I am still sad that I didn't get to say goodbye to her and I still feel like I let her down by not being there or with her but I know her mommy was and that is the main thing. I sure hope she does know that I love her and am really sorry I wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by shyra View Post
    Yesterday my husband called me on my cell because I was at my friends trailer for the weekend. He informed my my Katiegirl had to be put down. She was my old neighbours welsh corgi but I always watched her if she had to go away or she went on vacation and I would always laugh because Katie never wanted to go back home with her when she came to pick her up. I don't know who cried harder...me or her. It is so hard knowing that an animal you loved is gone and you never had the chance to say goodbye. I spent today wondering stupid things like "did Katie wonder where I was?" I know it is silly or to some people it is but it has just been bothering me so much today.
    I just saw this post today Shyra - I am so sorry to read this. Katiegirl is at the Bridge knowing you care.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    I just saw this post today Shyra - I am so sorry to read this. Katiegirl is at the Bridge knowing you care.
    I know she is, that gives me peace knowing she is no longer in pain. It just hurts so bad when you loose a pet as they are like family members. She isn't even mine but was my neighbours and I am thankful she entrusted me with Katie when she had to go away or went on vacation. She always left me her house key so I could bring Katie over to my place so she wouldn't have to be in the house when Shirley was working. I guess I am just sort of lost knowing I can't just go see her anymore

Very sad.

I saw this on my facebook and thought I would share.....so true but also so sad. When I sell my chihuahua puppies I make sure they are to be very sure that they want one as I do NOT like seeing them or any dog or animal for that matter be rehomed.

I died today....You got tired of me and took me to the shelter. They were overcrowded and I drew an unlucky number. I am in a black plastic bag in a landfill now. Some other puppy will get the barely used leash you left. My collar was dirty and too small, but the lady took it off before she sent me to the Rainbow Bridge . Would I still be at home if I hadn’t chewed your shoe? I didn’t know what it was, but it was leather, and it was on the floor. I was just playing. You forgot to get puppy toys. Would I still be at home if I had been housebroken? Rubbing my nose in what I did only made me ashamed that I had to go at all. There are books and obedience teachers that would have taught you how to teach me to go to the door. Would I still be at home if I hadn’t brought fleas into the house? Without anti-flea medicine, I couldn’t get them off of me after you left me in the yard for days. Would I still be at home if I hadn’t barked? I was only saying, “I’m scared, I’m lonely, I’m here, I’m here! I want to be your best friend.” Would I still be at home if I had made you happy? Hitting me didn’t make me learn how. Would I still be at home if you had taken the time to care for me and to teach manners to me? You didn’t pay attention to me after the first week or so, but I spent all my time waiting for you to love me. I died today.

+ Reply to Thread