+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1387Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

I am noticing what appears to be a weight gain in Miss Sashay since our diagnosis, and starting treatment!! She looks more filled out. There is also jealously from Miss Celie. She gets loudly vocal and wants to attack; Sashay gets loud, back. I am the one screaming at Celie, "I'm gonna whoop your ass!!!" (As if they pay any attention to me!)

Today, Chloe is the one ignoring me. Somebody always seems to have an issue in this house! Dez is her normal, mushy self.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Glad to hear Miss Sashay seems to be doing better, prhoshay! And thanks for the visual of you yelling at them - which made me LOL!

The first English Mastiff that I ever saw was sitting in his owner's lap at a dog show. My girl Josey, a petite 130 pounds, likes to lay across my chest and abdomen. It's very warm in winter, but she gets restless and that makes for a difficult nap on my part.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    This rabbit shows up every day from the nature preserve next to my condo. I think he wanted some of my salmon burger tonight.

I don't know how I missed this one. Did he look for a bite of the Salmon Unk?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Miss Sashay had her follow up bloodwork today. The thyroid med (Tapazole) has made her thyroid level just below normal range (the dosage has been changed), and she has gained 8 ounces in 14 days. Her BP is still elevated, so now we're starting on a low dose of antihypertensive. She gets follow up bloodwork in 30 days. Pretty good report, over all.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Good to ready. Thanks for sharing
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Miss Sashay had her follow up bloodwork today. The thyroid med (Tapazole) has made her thyroid level just below normal range
    Hi, coming late to the discussion. Vets *always* start cats off with a dangerously high level of tapazole. Some don't make. Some do survive hypothyroidism but after major vet bills and stress. It appalls me what basics vets never learned about caring for cats. I hope Miss Sashay has many years to come with you!

The new kitten, Cooper Milagro (thanks Gutmutter ), LOVES the vacuum...I've never had a cat that didn't run and hide when I pulled out the vacuum cleaner. He stalks, hunts and leaps at the sweeper. He lays down it front of the area I'm vacuuming and gets in his "I'm not moving" pose. Maybe he knows how much I hate cleaning house, and is trying to make me enjoy it.
    Poor Chloe thinks he is nuts and this just confirms it for her. She runs and hides and I don't see her until suppertime or she get the courage to peer from the stair landing to make sure the vacuum is been put back in it's room.
    She is happy, all the hunting and stalking made Cooper take a nap!

Anyone here have experience with reptiles? My 8-yr-old is pining for a scaly critter. Yes, she would rather have a lizard or snake than a kitten. My parents have a tank they would love to give to her, which I believe is a 30-gallon. We have made several visits to pet stores, and today at the mall there was a local reptile lover's group with their pets, which they generously allowed everyone to handle and/or pet.

She would really like a snake - there was a lovely king snake we handled today that was as friendly as a puppy, no kidding - but my husband absolutely hates them. She liked the bearded dragons and a couple of the geckos. She thought one of the tarantulas was not bad, but she would only watch me handle it. Now I love reptiles too, so anything would be okay by me. (We've already nixed frogs since the smell is, ugh.) The tarantula and a scorpion aside, she has no fear of handling lizards or snakes - she loves to play with her hermit crabs and wants something she can hold. If anyone can give me any input about their personal experiences with reptile pets, it would be much appreciated.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I would suggest lookinf up a reptile show (yes, there are such things) where you could see many different types and get info on them. If her Dad would let her have a lizard, there are tons of cool looking ones, but I know some can tend to be more temperamental than others. Tooo bad Dad hates snakes, or a ball python woiuld be perfect, they are docile and don't get huge.
    I do know iguanas that are handled properly when young are fairly easy.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread