+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1268Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

My boy Tigger is 18. I've had him for about 9 years now. I got him and another cat Cinnamon from a roomie who moved backed to Az and didn't want to cross country with them, a dog, and a 3 month old baby. She knew they were in good hands and had in fact bonded quite well with me and my dog. Had to have my pup Chauncy put down when he was 19. Blind, deaf, quit eating and was just wasting away. Cinnamon had kidney failure and had to put him down at 16 years old about 2 years ago. Tigger has lost some weight in the past 2 years but he eats twice a day and is healthy. We call it the old folks home around here.

My baby Shelby

This is my baby Shelby. She will be 9 years old in February. She is a Yorkie but I keep her cut in the Snauzer cut. She likes it better that way and so do I because her hair went to the floor and I had to brush her every day. She is tiny only 5 pounds.

The yorkie I had before Shelby lived to be 16. I hope Shelby lives that long or longer.
    Frankly Jamie we don't give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    This is too cute ... the squirrel nurses along with puppies. Check out the photo gallery.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...quirrel11.html

I also found a baby squirrel on my driveway. He (Petey) had just started to get hair. So I ran to the vet for little bottles, cat's milk and started raising him. At 1 year old I started trying to introduce him back to the wild. Every day I would take him on the driveway and put him down. If he heard a noise he would run up my pants to my shoulder. Finally one day I put him on a huge pine tree (he didn't know what a tree was) and off he went all the way to the top. So every day I put him on the tree and every night he would come back to me to eat and get water and he got braver and braver every day. Finally one night he didn't come down. He stayed with me for 2 years. He would wait for me in the mornings laying on a bird house and I would go out the minute I got up and give him his 6 pecans and he would sit in my lap on my bench and eat or on my shoulder. Then one day he just didn't come back. I choose to believe that the resident male ran him off or he got on the scent of a cutie girl and couldn't find his way home. I sure miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    Thank you all SO much for the puppy prayers!
    Pom - Casey would love the halloween av
    I am new here but Shelby and I were praying for your dog. I am so glad she is o.k.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    I also found a baby squirrel on my driveway. He (Petey) had just started to get hair. So I ran to the vet for little bottles, cat's milk and started raising him. At 1 year old I started trying to introduce him back to the wild. Every day I would take him on the driveway and put him down. If he heard a noise he would run up my pants to my shoulder. Finally one day I put him on a huge pine tree (he didn't know what a tree was) and off he went all the way to the top. So every day I put him on the tree and every night he would come back to me to eat and get water and he got braver and braver every day. Finally one night he didn't come down. He stayed with me for 2 years. He would wait for me in the mornings laying on a bird house and I would go out the minute I got up and give him his 6 pecans and he would sit in my lap on my bench and eat or on my shoulder. Then one day he just didn't come back. I choose to believe that the resident male ran him off or he got on the scent of a cutie girl and couldn't find his way home. I sure miss him.
    ScarlettO, welcome to FoRT. This is one of the sweetest stories I've ever heard. I also choose to believe a good-looking squirrel captured his heart, and they ran off into the sunset chirping all the way.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by itravel94
    How old is everyone's pet?
    My cats Stella and Saga (sisters) turned three on June 1. They were just over a year old when I got them. They're still very kitten-like and playful with loads of energy: they never tire of racing around in bed, trying to wake me up - especially when I'm dead tired or hungover. Stella is on my lap, licking my arms (anyone else's cats do that?) and purring away as I type this. I'm looking forward to many, many joy-filled years with my babies
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Premium Member
    ScarlettO, I love your squirrel story! How sweet and kind of you to raise little Petey. . We have tons of squirrels around our yard and it's so much fun to watch them tease the dogs. My dogs sit and stare up the tree when they hear the squirrels, we call it being "on squirrel watch".

Thanks for the welcome

Marleybone and roseskid thanks for the welcome. I just found this site and I love it. I am sooo happy that there is a place to talk about our 4 legged children. I love talking about Shelby. Does anyone else here have a Yorkie?

There are so many places to post here and everyone is soo nice.

I also have a big red squirrel Ricky (almost as big as a small cat) that I have fed for two years now. He also sits on my lap. He comes to my bedroom and scratches on the screen on the French doors to let me know he is on the patio and is hungry. You can make any of them into pets if you have the patience and are not afraid. After raising one I can say they remind me of a cat's personality. But I do know for sure girls are much better tempered than males. If you befriend one and you suddenly hear a loud clicking sound......sit very still....that is a warning they are making with their teeth and you are fixing to get scratched or bit.

I'd like to brag....uh...post about my little girl. Her name is Isabella but we call her Izzie. She's a 2 year old Rat Terrier. And the love of my life.
    For those of you that aren't familiar with "Rats" their original name is a "Fiest". For their fiesty attitude. Much calmer than a Jack Russel but still have that "what can I play with next" personality. I have had many kinds of dogs and thought the Boxer was my all-time favorite...but let me tell you folks...this dog is something. They call them the dog with the degree. And believe me...she's smart. Loving, and wonderful with children. I had a friend come visit with her granddaughter. The baby was about 10 months old and the minute Izzie saw her the game was on. The little girl was sitting in the floor and Izzie ran to her play box and picked up a toy and ran back to the little girl and spit it in her lap. When the little girl just touched the toy Izzie started jumping up and down and tried to gingerly play tug-a-war. The baby crawled and chased Izzie all morning. It was a sight. When the lady got ready to leave...she said, "I'll give you a thousand dollars for that dog right now. That's the best baby sitter I've ever seen." I nearly died laughing. But, she is truly in her element when a child is around. She loves them.
    Not recognized yet by the AKC but they are internationally. They call them the best kept secret. Why, I don't know. But, picture a Fox Terrier and you have a pretty good image of my Izzie. A little bigger than a Fox though.
    Anybody else out there got one? Let me know.
    Thanks for letting me brag. She's my sweetie. If I ever figure out how to post a picture here...I'll let you see her.
    The stars at night...are big and bright

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettO
    Does anyone else here have a Yorkie?
    I have a Silky Terrier, Dolly. She is 7 years old.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread