+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1336Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I'm just glad everyone is healthy and happy, at least so far. I was really afraid I'd lose the two littlest ones, now I'm more hopeful.I'm still giving the little girl extra feeds every few hours. In another week or so they will be able to come out of the baby bed and the fun part starts!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I remember the "fun part". I had babies climbing up my clothes when I wasn't looking....especially the inside of my long houserobe! The trick was for me to just keep moving!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

They are adorable! Just curious... why do they have collars?
    Count your blessings!

QueenB, they are just beautiful.
    I sent you a PM a while back regarding the catnip for Monet, but never heard back from you.
    should I resend? TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

NRH, I forgot to acknowledge, sorry. I'm trimming back and drying the mature "good stuff' now!
    Gutmutter, those are hair holders. I did have them all marked with a little acrylic paint to start with. Since they are all the same color and 3 are almost the exact same size, it makes them easier to identify at a glance. (Burnmese don't have any white or other markings on them) I weigh them daily since birth also, and don't want to get mixed up. The smallest one (Suzy Q) would have almost certainly dies, and a good chance the smallest boy (Nehi) as well, if I had not noticed that they were losing weight. You have a much better chance of saving them if you catch it early. These 2 don't appear to have anything wrong, they just were the smallest of a big litter and kept getting pushed aside by the big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4368282[B
    ]NRH, I forgot to acknowledge, sorry. I'm trimming back and drying the mature "good stuff' now! [/B]
    Gutmutter, those are hair holders. I did have them all marked with a little acrylic paint to start with. Since they are all the same color and 3 are almost the exact same size, it makes them easier to identify at a glance. (Burnmese don't have any white or other markings on them) I weigh them daily since birth also, and don't want to get mixed up. The smallest one (Suzy Q) would have almost certainly dies, and a good chance the smallest boy (Nehi) as well, if I had not noticed that they were losing weight. You have a much better chance of saving them if you catch it early. These 2 don't appear to have anything wrong, they just were the smallest of a big litter and kept getting pushed aside by the big ones.
    Many thanks, my friend.
    Have a good one!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Squeeee!!!! They are so adorable. Those pictures made my night.

Oh, and one more thing--I heard something that sounded like Rice krispies today, and a couple of the babie are learning to purr...it it TOO cute, like this one more picture

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Spent quite a bit of time at the vet clinic yesterday with Miss Sashay. She is 15 years old, and my baby is down to 6.1 pounds. She used to be my fattest gurl, of all. She has become quite angular and bony. I was just about sure that I was going in for a terminal diagnosis, but hyperthyroidism was found; I had been blaming Dez for causing Miss Sashay's weight loss....too much love. Sashay has been sent home on medication to lower the thyroid production. Her doc says that she has the heart of a young cat, and the skeleton of a young cat! Good liver, good lungs, no masses; imflamed intestines, elevated BP. He gave her a cortisone shot, and started the thyrod medication yesterday. I had to leave her there for all of the tests, xrays, etc. I was able to bring her home yesterday evening, and I have been able to see an improvement in her alertness. He thought that she might be unusually sleepy yesterday, but she was bright-eyed and slept less than she usually does. She goes back in 3 week to see if the med (Tapazole) is doing it's job. He's hoping to see an improved thyroid level, lower BP, and weight improvement. Surgery, thyroidectomy, is always an option.

I didn't realize that there were 2 thyroid glands, and the right one is usually the one that causes the overproduction....and her right gland is larger than her left.

Where's my Lady Clairol?????
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm glad it's an easily treatable problem, Shay

+ Reply to Thread