+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1420Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Bugs.........yuck.........
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

They're not so bad (yeah right ). I do have a photo, but need to re-learn how to post an attachment.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lopevian View Post
    What beautiful kittens, Queenb! Congratulations! They're gorgeous.

Quick story...Chloe brought a strange, very slow moving beetle inside yesterday. I got a container and a envelope to scoot the little guy into, to put back outside so it could go on with its happy little beetle life. When I gently touched the backside of this strange looking bug...it hissed! Hysterically, Chloe hissed back. I got five more hisses out of the beetle, each one met with a hiss from Chloe. I quit after five, because I didn't want to antagonize the little bug any further. It was a "hiss off". So cute!
    You're a brave one... I would have freaked out at the first hiss and gone screaming. Was it striped? I don't know where you live but I found a pic of a hissing beetle taken by someone in California. You can go to bugguide.net to identify which type of beetle it was. Here's a pic of the hissing beetle.ELQZALSZ1L0ZRHSR3Z6RAL4RLHKREL0RELKROZQR3ZKROZ3LALXZQH2RBLERDLIZAL7ZKHPRKHMR.jpg

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

It looked very similar to that Eastcoastmom, minus the stripes. It was strange looking, not your run-of-the-mill California beetle. Thanks for posting that picture! I'm not brave at all, I just hate killing anything. The only insects I kill are ants, because they're just too darm small to collect!

When bugs show up.....I vacate the area! Bugs are why I don't like picnics! No thank you!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Note to self: Don't EVER give Minerva catnip again!!!
    just1paul likes this.
    Count your blessings!

My gurl, Chloe, gets aggressive....not entertaining.

queen, I need an update on the babies!

I grow catnip, and it's much stronger than the other. If anyone wants some, it's just about time to do my mailing! Ok, shay, you twisted my arm; I took some individual pics a week ago, but now they look totally different. I'll go get more new ones. I've been having to supplemental feed the littlestone with a syringe (she hates the itty bitty bottle) There were 2 needing help, but one is about caught up; the little girl seems plenty healthy but is just so much smaller than the rest of them she gets pushed aside and stuck on a front boobie without much milk every time.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Suzy Q, the bottle baby, is in the right rear corner here.The others are Moon Pie, King Don, Nehi and RC Cola

I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

My heart totally melted!!!! I know it's work, but you sure are lucky to get to interact with this madness everyday!!!!

They are Delicious!!!!

+ Reply to Thread