+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1265Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I don't know if you saw the first picture - I changed it because someone wanted to see her face - the back of her head is all orange bleeding out to orange stripes. There are random orange stripes mixed in with the black, and her nose is orange which doesn't really show in this picture. Her belly is white with black spots and an occasional orange spot, and each foot is a different combination of orange, black, and white. And she purrs!!! I love a cat that purrs and they don't all do it.
    I was so fortunate to have been blessed with Mona and Joey who were little purring machines. Sometimes it sounded like 2 Harley motorcycles in bed with me. Rubbing Joeys tummy and Monas head always also made these machines run! Oh do enjoy it!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Well, my new kitten story starts with a tragedy...A mother feral made a nest in the hayfield...needless to say, last month, when the hay was cut, she ran off and left the kittens. I was able to save one of them, he had his tail cut off, but no other cuts. So, I've been bottle feeding and caring for him. He is doing much better and the tail has healed. After he chewed the end of the bottle off, it was time for moisten kitten food.
    I had forgotten how many scratches you get with a new kitten. ...Anything and everything becomes a toy. He plays so hard and then passes out.

Miss Chloe is not thrilled with him and I have him in his own room. I've been slowly letting her see him and will probably start the introductions later.
    He is such a little sweetheart and purrs and wants to be right beside me all the time. So unlike Chloe, who won't let you pet her unless she wants it. I haven't named him yet or should I say he hasn't named himself. Wish me luck.

Sounds like you got him early enough that he's not feral himself. What a sad story, though. May we make name suggestions? Here's one - Milagro... it means "miracle".
    Count your blessings!

I like Milagro Gutmutter He is a little miracle. My avatar is a picture of him about a week after the accident. His eyes were still blue and have now changed to a golden color.

And he can have nicknames. Nothing fancy you know. Bob, Stubby, Shorty...oh, and Lucky.

Gutmutter, in case you are interested, Minerva's color is patched tabby, also called Torbie. If she was white with spots in the patterns she has now, it would be called patched tabby and white, or Tabico.
    Last edited by queenb; 07-09-2011 at 09:05 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Well, thank you queenb! Learn something new every day. I did a google image search and found a lot of different things claiming those titles, quite a few similar to my Minerva, but none of them half as cute (proud mother talking).
    Count your blessings!

YouTube - ‪Happy Inside - IKEA cats advert‬‏

Sorry to double-post, but someone just sent me this IKEA commercial.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gut, she is truly precious and snugglable! I am fighting the urge to get another kitten, but I just can't do 5. They are just bottomless pits, and pooping professionals....and my 4 are enough, but I'm still looking and cooing!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    And he can have nicknames. Nothing fancy you know. Bob, Stubby, Shorty...oh, and Lucky.
    Shame on you queenb

I'm looking for a good way to introduce him to cranky Chloe.

He is adorable!!!!!!! Oh, the poor baby! I hope you're giving him lots of love! Look at those legs and those ears!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread