+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

well, thats very close

Poppy... I feel you.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Poppy - My heart goes out to you. You will know what to do and when.

queenb - I have been thinking about you.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    Butterflyfaery, you can name it after BooBoo if you want...I wonder which lucky kitty will get the part of her soul that doesn't go to the Bridge. At least I hope you aim to keep her, since she is magical and all.
    I'm starting to feel better, a little. It is very odd not to have that little paw touching me all the time, and I miss the adoring gaze. I've not had another animal as loving as BooBoo, though I hope Pandora and future kittens will develop that way--Burmese are bred to be just like that. I think the kitties miss BooBoo too--oddly, the last few days Rory has burrowed under the covers next to me for 30 minutes or so right when I go to bed, when he's never wanted that much contact before. And Pandora sits on the bed and meows for a while before she naps, where she used to use BooBoo for a snuggler. (BooBoo would get up and move to avoid being seen if I walked in on them and it woke her up)

NRH, I've always felt like BooBoo and Monet were separated twins too. Oh, and it's almost time to do the 'nip experiment again, if you will re-send his address. The 'good stuff' is almost ready!

Separated twins, yes that must be it.
    Will re-send.
    Many thanks
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I know how heartbreaking this is, QueenB, and I am so sorry to learn of your having to let BB go. That decision is so painful!

I'm going through the same process now with our 9 y.o. tortoiseshell calico, Carly. Suddenly, 3 weeks ago she stopped eating and was unable to walk without a dangerous wobble, and falling down on her side to the floor. The vet put her on a tapering dose of an NSAID (Metacam). Today is her last day on it. Improvement, if it comes, will take a long while (maybe a month). Her diagnosis is arthritis. But I have serious doubts about that. The onset of this was so very sudden.

I have to feed her with a syringe because she will not (or cannot) eat. She does try to, but the effort is too much and I think she does it more to please me than to satisfy her hunger. She likes the ritual of me cleaning her dishes and spooning in her food, so she tries to nibble a little. But she was only taking about a teaspoonful a day, and only if I sat with her while she tried. I tried spoon feeding her, too, but she just doesn't get that.

She wants lots of affection now and we try to spend as much time as we can beside her. It's breaking my heart that she cannot do the things she loves to do and that her pain is so obvious when she struggles to.

I really think she is dying. If so, we need to find the courage you found, and just put an end to her pain. It's a biding time now, and it's breaking my heart.
    Poppy, I am so sorry to hear about this.
    Have you tried giving her Fancy Feast? I think every cat will eat it. It must have crack, or something, in it.
    At any rate, when Chaucer had CRF, he would eat a bit of the Fancy Feast - just about the only thing he would eat.
    My thoughts, hugs and prayers are with you and your tortie.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

My heart breaks for all of you that are going thru this hard time of losing your dear beloved animal friends. It's been a few months since we put down our dog and I'm still not over it...just try not to think about it or I'll be blubbering like a fool.
    Today my daughter called me, crying because one of her and her husband's cats has been diagnosed with cancer. I feel so helpless because as her mother, I have no band-aid to help fix it. Saying I understand, I'm sorry....just isn't enough.
    But the love of an pet is just too wonderful not to have them in our lives, even knowing what we'll have to go through.
    hugs to you all.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My gurl, Miss Chloe, started being picky about eating the soft food; she got to the point where she only wanted to lap up the gravy/liquid. I bought kitten chow, and she is eating it like there's no tomorrow.

Poppy, I am so sorry. This really stinks. Nothing is off-limits for her, at this point. My vet says to give her anything that she will eat.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love it when one of my gurls is grooming herself, stops to look up at me, and that tongue is sticking out!! So funny! So cute! Makes me laugh and melts my heart! I am such a sucker!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

the PBBBBT!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

OK, I give up.....what was that noise?

As I've mentioned before, I have 3 dogs, a chihuahua, a mixed breed cutie-pie (about 20 lbs) and a dalmatian. Because I don't have a fenced in yard, I take them for walks at least 3 times a day. As a responsible dog owner, I ALWAYS pick up after my dogs.

Yesterday, I was accosted very rudely by people in their cars accusing me of not picking up after my dogs. Twice. It was especially aggravating because of I was carrying some full bags. I patiently explained that I always pick up after my dogs and I think it's gross when other dog owners don't, etc. etc.

This morning I was walking my dogs before work and a man in an SUV stopped and said "lady with the dogs, excuse me, excuse me." As I was preparing to launch into my usual spiel (maybe not so politely this time), he said "Your dogs are so beautiful and well-behaved, what kind of dogs are they?" It was nice reminder not to assume everyone is coming to you with a complaint.

+ Reply to Thread