+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Sorry to hear about your loss, queenb.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

oh, Queen B, I feel so bad for what you had to go through. It's only been a couple months since we had to put down our old dog but it still feels so awful.
    Doing this is the last gift you could give your dear old friend. She relied on you to take care of her and her needs. The fact that you put her needs ahead of yours is the real test of true love.

I swear this is true and to me a gift from GOD

I am sitting here today...my only male cat is fixed and my 2 females are fixed..the only reason the 3 female is not fixed because she couldn't take the anastetic

but I am sitting here in my chair and all of a sudden Fizz goes into the kitchen and then I see this little black fur ball..and I scream for my kids wanted to know where in the heck it came from

IDK..where it come from or how it ended up in my house but she appears to be 6-8 weeks old and is really bonding with my daughter

it is the weirdest thing because we don't know where she came from or how she even got into my house
    queenb and just1paul like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

QueenB,

I haven't been in this thread in quite a while.
    I am so very sorry to hear about BooBoo.
    I always felt like she was Monet's little sister.
    Hugs and love to you, my friend.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Butterflyfaery, you can name it after BooBoo if you want...I wonder which lucky kitty will get the part of her soul that doesn't go to the Bridge. At least I hope you aim to keep her, since she is magical and all.
    I'm starting to feel better, a little. It is very odd not to have that little paw touching me all the time, and I miss the adoring gaze. I've not had another animal as loving as BooBoo, though I hope Pandora and future kittens will develop that way--Burmese are bred to be just like that. I think the kitties miss BooBoo too--oddly, the last few days Rory has burrowed under the covers next to me for 30 minutes or so right when I go to bed, when he's never wanted that much contact before. And Pandora sits on the bed and meows for a while before she naps, where she used to use BooBoo for a snuggler. (BooBoo would get up and move to avoid being seen if I walked in on them and it woke her up)

NRH, I've always felt like BooBoo and Monet were separated twins too. Oh, and it's almost time to do the 'nip experiment again, if you will re-send his address. The 'good stuff' is almost ready!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am doing daily battle with a stupid little bird who is determined to build a nest in my mailbox. The letters M-A-I-L are routed into the front of the box, and the bird is using these holes for entering and exiting. No matter how many times I throw the gathered grass out of the box, it's all nicely replaced the next day. I've not seen the stupid bird, but this is not the first time that I've battled a bird for my mailbox. There was one that used to sit in my driveway and give me the evil eye when I'd clear out the nestings. This one is laying low! Like the way I would deal with a kid with bad behavior, I Refuse To Lose!!!

Stupid bird.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If it was me I'd either let them have the box temporarily and attach something else to get the mail in or put up a birdhouse next to the box, but I'm a sucker. You could glue a backing on the inside to cover the holes though.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I did have duct tape up there, but I must have put it up flimsily(?) because the bird got beyond it and started building again. At least I haven't found any bird poop on my mail yet. And the battle continues......
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I know how heartbreaking this is, QueenB, and I am so sorry to learn of your having to let BB go. That decision is so painful!

I'm going through the same process now with our 9 y.o. tortoiseshell calico, Carly. Suddenly, 3 weeks ago she stopped eating and was unable to walk without a dangerous wobble, and falling down on her side to the floor. The vet put her on a tapering dose of an NSAID (Metacam). Today is her last day on it. Improvement, if it comes, will take a long while (maybe a month). Her diagnosis is arthritis. But I have serious doubts about that. The onset of this was so very sudden.

I have to feed her with a syringe because she will not (or cannot) eat. She does try to, but the effort is too much and I think she does it more to please me than to satisfy her hunger. She likes the ritual of me cleaning her dishes and spooning in her food, so she tries to nibble a little. But she was only taking about a teaspoonful a day, and only if I sat with her while she tried. I tried spoon feeding her, too, but she just doesn't get that.

She wants lots of affection now and we try to spend as much time as we can beside her. It's breaking my heart that she cannot do the things she loves to do and that her pain is so obvious when she struggles to.

I really think she is dying. If so, we need to find the courage you found, and just put an end to her pain. It's a biding time now, and it's breaking my heart.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    Butterflyfaery, you can name it after BooBoo if you want...I wonder which lucky kitty will get the part of her soul that doesn't go to the Bridge. At least I hope you aim to keep her, since she is magical and all.
    I'm starting to feel better, a little. It is very odd not to have that little paw touching me all the time, and I miss the adoring gaze. I've not had another animal as loving as BooBoo, though I hope Pandora and future kittens will develop that way--Burmese are bred to be just like that. I think the kitties miss BooBoo too--oddly, the last few days Rory has burrowed under the covers next to me for 30 minutes or so right when I go to bed, when he's never wanted that much contact before. And Pandora sits on the bed and meows for a while before she naps, where she used to use BooBoo for a snuggler. (BooBoo would get up and move to avoid being seen if I walked in on them and it woke her up)

NRH, I've always felt like BooBoo and Monet were separated twins too. Oh, and it's almost time to do the 'nip experiment again, if you will re-send his address. The 'good stuff' is almost ready!
    my daughter named her Bubbles because she used to have a solid black cat with blue eyes named Bubbles and this kitten looks just like it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread