+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

queenb I am so sad to read about BooBoo. It is a difficult decision to make but one that we make with only love in our hearts.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Eastcoastmom The toy has some meaning to Cheyenne. Maybe a memory or smell or could it hurt her ears when it squeaks?

Thanks, everyone. I knew I had made the right choice when the first shot (sedative) started to work, BooBoo eyes suddenly looked brighter, and as her body relaxed she started purring and seemed more attentive for a minute; I got to rub the tummy one more time too.. I have to think that there was enough painkiller effect to make her actually feel good for a minute. Poor old kitty...but I am glad she had a better few minutes at the last. And I gave her all the greek yogurt and cheddar she would eat before leaving, since she had been off treats for a while.

About the squeaky toy...I believe that because it's making a noise, she must think it's alive, at least the strange behavior makes me think so. It might have the just right pitch tosound like a baby animal or whatever.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Queenb....my heart aches for you - it brings back similar memories to me. It's a heart-wrenching experience, but as you noticed, you can now know that it was your love for her that enabled you to release her from her suffering. Been there, done that. Remember the love you two shared, the happy times, the love and the laughter. She was very blessed to have you as her caretaker and friend in this life!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Love and hugs to you Queenb.
    Count your blessings!

queenb - This is still so fresh in my mind, my heart and soul go out to you at this time. You really did what was best for Boo-Boo. Thank You
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Queenb I'm so sorry for your loss.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

QueenB - sending love and prayers for healing. I understand of what a heart breaking time this is for you.
    The lovely furry ones touch our lives, bring us such joy, the pain of loosing them is a forever pain.
    Even though we Know we did what was correct for them, that pain is a monster. Have time to heal.
    Then remember all the loving memories. Hugs

QueenB, I'm so sorry about your Boo-Boo baby. Saying good-bye to our furry friends is so hard.

So sorry for your loss, queenb. It's never easy letting go, even when you know you're doing the right thing
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Hugs, queenb.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread