+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1319Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    My daughter was using a baby name generator where you plug in one name and it suggests other names that go with it. It gave her Waldo.

She said that she kinda liked it, but wasn't sure about naming her baby after our dog. As much as I loved Waldo the Wonder dog, I really don't want a grandson named Waldo. We are praying for a girl.
    Waldette??
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Waldette??
    oh this made my day!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Hubby just put the phone on speaker and I started calling for Princess over the phone. She came up to the phone and as I started my chatter (kitty talk), she actually started hissing and ran away!! lol.......... weirdo cat!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Hubby just put the phone on speaker and I started calling for Princess over the phone. She came up to the phone and as I started my chatter (kitty talk), she actually started hissing and ran away!! lol.......... weirdo cat!
    That distance relationship not quite working out for Princess? My Buddy just spent the weekend cuddling with my daughter, who came home for the weekend, finally.

She has gone back to her home now, so he will be back to his outdoor adventures...it is springtime, after all, and we have a big backyard for him to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    She's over it......needs you guys back home...stat!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    My daughter was using a baby name generator where you plug in one name and it suggests other names that go with it. It gave her Waldo.

She said that she kinda liked it, but wasn't sure about naming her baby after our dog. As much as I loved Waldo the Wonder dog , I really don't want a grandson named Waldo. We are praying for a girl.

This made me remember "Mighty Manfred, The Wonder Dog", Tom Terrific's dog. Mighty Manfred even had a song and conga-dance that he did with his name in it. Something like, "I'm Mighty Manfred..."unh!"... the Wonder Dog! I'm faithful and terrific.....because Tom Terrific....."unh!".... told me soooo!"

Anybody else remember this with me???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Not I - sorry
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Regular

my dog is fat, he's been 50lbs for 10 years and just last week after his yearly, he was 60lbs (i knew he looked bigger) he's a shepherd/chow and 50lbs is his ideal weight. So what changed? sadly just time, like i said he's at least 10 (adopted him when he was already grown and spca didn't have more info on him back then) so he's now labeled a "senior" dog. He's just not metabolising his food like he used to i guess, something about his thyroid (did blood tests last year). I've had him on iams for 10 years and he walks 30mins every day (i actually take him out to walk, and not just opening the back door and tell him to "go"), the vet always said he's had great joints (aside from his broken arm from a previous abusive owner) but he can't walk past 30mins or he starts limping cuz of his injury.
    So i'm stuck, i can't "walk" him more daily and give him more exercise, because he starts to limp when he's at his limit and I can change his food to weight control, but it already is. So vet said, just let it go, he's old, he won't be getting rid of that 10lbs anytime soon, man just sounds so sad to hear that.

Try giving him less food with each feeding. That is what our vet suggested. It hurts when they beg for more though. But ours can lose or gain 5 lbs or so in a year fairly easily with nothing else changed.

I had to put my Pug on a diet after she was spayed. She was really gaining quickly, but what solved it for us was to not give her ANY table scraps.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread