+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

I live with it, besides Mona & Joey DEMAND at least a 45 minute MINIMUM per night brushing each, sooooooo..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quite often at around 2:00, I lie down to watch my favourite TV show, upstairs in my bedroom. I TELL my dog, who I know understands me, and then I make my self comfy with blanket, etc. I close the door, since there is nearby construction and it blocks out the noise. Without fail, the dog waits until I am settled in and then cries at the door to get in. Of course I get up, let her in and she snuggles up with me in the blanket. I think she can hear the sound of the blanket through the closed door...lol.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile
    Quite often at around 2:00, I lie down to watch my favourite TV show, upstairs in my bedroom. I TELL my dog, who I know understands me, and then I make my self comfy with blanket, etc. I close the door, since there is nearby construction and it blocks out the noise. Without fail, the dog waits until I am settled in and then cries at the door to get in. Of course I get up, let her in and she snuggles up with me in the blanket. I think she can hear the sound of the blanket through the closed door...lol.
    canuck, I'm laughing at the image you describe!!! Some dogs, huh? They always seem to be on the wrong side of the door!! I think you're very sweet to get up and let her in so she can snuggle in the blanket, 'cause you have to know that dog lives to be by your side!!!

Premium Member

Dogs and Cats

I just got this today and am still laughing:

How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb?

1. Golden Retriever: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb.

2. Border Collie: Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.

3. Dachshund: You know I can't reach that stupid lamp!

4. Rottweiler: Make me.

5. Boxer: Who cares? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the dark.

6. Lab: Oh, me,me!!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I? Huh? Huh? Huh? Pleeeeeeeeze, please, please?!

7. German Shepherd: I'll change it as soon as I've led these people from the dark, check to make sure I haven't missed any, and make just one perimeter patrol to see that no one has tried to take advantage of the situation.

8. Jack Russell Terrier: I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the walls and furniture.

9. Old English Sheepdog: Light bulb? I'm sorry, but I don't see a light bulb.

10. Cocker Spaniel: Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark.

11. Chihuahua: Yo quiero Taco Bulb. Or "We don't need no sticking light bulb."

12. Greyhound: It isn't moving. Who cares?

13. Australian Shepherd: First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a little circle.

14. Poodle: I'll just blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

How many cats does it take to change a light bulb?

The cat's answer: Cats do not change light bulbs. People change light bulbs. So, the real question is: "How long will it be before I can expect some light, some dinner, and a massage?"

Good one, Marleybone! Really cute!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Marleybone -that is PRICELESS!

Has anyone here ever had their cat shaved?
    Last edited by itravel94; 11-02-2005 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    Cats do not change light bulbs. People change light bulbs. So, the real question is: "How long will it be before I can expect some light, some dinner, and a massage?"
    I got the same email with cute pictures next to each one. Mine ended with the cat's answer and then this:
    ALL OF WHICH PROVES, ONCE AGAIN, THAT WHILE DOGS HAVE MASTERS, CATS HAVE STAFF!

Premium Member
    Mine didn't come with pictures. I'll bet that was cute!

I just noticed I made a typo on #11, "We don't need no sticking light bulbs." Obviously that was supposed to say "stinking".
    Last edited by Marleybone; 11-03-2005 at 02:16 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by itravel94
    Has anyone here ever had their cat shaved?
    Yes, and as a groomer I did the clipping, too.

+ Reply to Thread