+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1384Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeOne View Post
    I thought only mine did this. My kitten that we rescued last year has ripped about 5 shower liners. When you are in the shower she sticks her head through the hole and watches you. If you close the door she runs and jumps at it until someone opens it for her.
    I LOVE this story. I do hope you keep a supply of liners or duct tape..

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    I leave the bathroom door open if I'm there there because Louie would just sit at the door and watch. However, now that Sophie has joined us, she runs like a bolt of lightening from whereever she is, if she hears me going in there. She doesn't stop at the door, jumping everywhere, sniffing away, I've never seen someone so happy to be in a bathroom. Louie looks at her from the doorway like she's nuts. That's the only place I'm having a hard time with the "down" command.
    I don't know how I missed this one - hilarious!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

well I am sorry to report that the little orange kitten died and one of the white ones aren't doing so good...a very nice lady from a rescue group brought me a bag of kitten food for the mom and some kitten formula to help out since she didn't seem to be making much milk..probably because she wasn't fed well...she also spent 20.00 of her own money and brought me a revolution treatment for the momma which helps with fleas ticks and ear mites..she said it would pass through the milk and help with fleas on the babies..cause the momma was eat up with them..I have never seen a cat with fleas so bad

she told me and I know we will be lucky if any of them live because we just don't know how the mom was taken care of before hand..but I will keep the mom..I have always wanted a solid white cat..and she said she would get her fixed for me in one of her clinic's she holds like every other month mostly for feral cats...this lady is amazing..she holds yard sales every weekend and takes donations and uses her own money SSI just to get feral cats fixed..she is about 70 years old and I am totally amazed at her and inspired..I talked to my mom and she gave me a ton of items to give to her to put in her yard sales..good items too..so if any of you are near Hamilton GA PM me if you have any itmes that she could use for the yard sales

now for the good news the other 2 white kittens seem to be fat and healthy and their eyes are starting to open and they are moving around good

the only problem I am now having is the the last dumpee kitten I took in on December 5 and had to bottle feed because I have no idea where he came from has decided he wants to nurse on the new mommy too...grrrrrrrrr that little stinker I had to put him in my son's room and close the door which he did not like
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    I LOVE this story. I do hope you keep a supply of liners or duct tape..

I don't know how I missed this one - hilarious!
    I finally got smart and I buy two dollar store ones.
    I know it is because I hand raised her but, I have a bond with her I have never had with another cat. I love that little spoiled thing so much!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well I am sorry to report that the little orange kitten died and one of the white ones aren't doing so good...a very nice lady from a rescue group brought me a bag of kitten food for the mom and some kitten formula to help out since she didn't seem to be making much milk..probably because she wasn't fed well...she also spent 20.00 of her own money and brought me a revolution treatment for the momma which helps with fleas ticks and ear mites..she said it would pass through the milk and help with fleas on the babies..cause the momma was eat up with them..I have never seen a cat with fleas so bad

she told me and I know we will be lucky if any of them live because we just don't know how the mom was taken care of before hand..but I will keep the mom..I have always wanted a solid white cat..and she said she would get her fixed for me in one of her clinic's she holds like every other month mostly for feral cats...this lady is amazing..she holds yard sales every weekend and takes donations and uses her own money SSI just to get feral cats fixed..she is about 70 years old and I am totally amazed at her and inspired..I talked to my mom and she gave me a ton of items to give to her to put in her yard sales..good items too..so if any of you are near Hamilton GA PM me if you have any itmes that she could use for the yard sales

now for the good news the other 2 white kittens seem to be fat and healthy and their eyes are starting to open and they are moving around good

the only problem I am now having is the the last dumpee kitten I took in on December 5 and had to bottle feed because I have no idea where he came from has decided he wants to nurse on the new mommy too...grrrrrrrrr that little stinker I had to put him in my son's room and close the door which he did not like
    Sorry to hear about the little one. What a wonderful friend you have. If everyone was half as loving as her the world would be such a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeOne View Post
    I finally got smart and I buy two dollar store ones.
    I know it is because I hand raised her but, I have a bond with her I have never had with another cat. I love that little spoiled thing so much!
    I DO remember that feeling and that bond. It is still in my heart.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I took the little white one into the animal emergency center late last night..the thing was doing nothing but crying for hours on end and I couldn't get it to eat and it was so cold and I couldn't get its temp up and I knew it was dying and I just couldn't watch it suffer any more and once again a very understanding vet took pity on me and said he didn't know what was wrong but he called it "failure to thrive" and considering the circumstances in which it was born and he agreed that it just crying and crying all night which is not normal for a kitten since it wouldn't stop was not normal and we put it out of its misery and put it to sleep to stop its suffering...

the other two white babies are still doing great and gaining weight and are eating like little piglets ...so lets pray and keep our fingers crossed that they make it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Took 2 of my "Big-Eyed Bettys" to the vet yesterday. Managed to pen one of them (Miss Chloe) up before I went there to get us put on the list to be seen; came back from that errand and ignored Dez while I ate lunch. Dez was trotting around the house with that "ha, ha you've got to go to the doctor!" look, looking at Chloe and flopping in front of the carrier (just to irritate Miss Chloe, no doubt) while Chloe hissed, angrily. I had this ravelly piece of thing, and Dez started playing with it while I was holding it.....Gotcha!!!. We battled into the carrier, had to wait about another hour before they called for us to come in. Poor Dez remained quiet....poor thing, I think she was in shock!! All-in-all, I think it was a slick and successful visit! High five to ME!! They were very well behaved at the vet, too!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I took the little white one into the animal emergency center late last night..the thing was doing nothing but crying for hours on end and I couldn't get it to eat and it was so cold and I couldn't get its temp up and I knew it was dying and I just couldn't watch it suffer any more and once again a very understanding vet took pity on me and said he didn't know what was wrong but he called it "failure to thrive" and considering the circumstances in which it was born and he agreed that it just crying and crying all night which is not normal for a kitten since it wouldn't stop was not normal and we put it out of its misery and put it to sleep to stop its suffering...

the other two white babies are still doing great and gaining weight and are eating like little piglets ...so lets pray and keep our fingers crossed that they make it
    Awww, thankfully it had you to care for it and not let it suffer.
    Pretty soon the other 2 will be running around and you will be begging us to come take them.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Took 2 of my "Big-Eyed Bettys" to the vet yesterday. Managed to pen one of them (Miss Chloe) up before I went there to get us put on the list to be seen; came back from that errand and ignored Dez while I ate lunch. Dez was trotting around the house with that "ha, ha you've got to go to the doctor!" look, looking at Chloe and flopping in front of the carrier (just to irritate Miss Chloe, no doubt) while Chloe hissed, angrily. I had this ravelly piece of thing, and Dez started playing with it while I was holding it.....Gotcha!!!. We battled into the carrier, had to wait about another hour before they called for us to come in. Poor Dez remained quiet....poor thing, I think she was in shock!! All-in-all, I think it was a slick and successful visit! High five to ME!! They were very well behaved at the vet, too!
    Great thinking! I dread trying to fight them into those cages. I just know they are going to rip me to shreds before I get them in.

Before you ever have to take them anywhere, lety the carriers sit around with open doors and a towel in the bottom, and kitty treats and toys in them. If you can, do it in a spot where they can just stay out, just make sure the door is secured OPEN for now.Eventually, the cats will check them out. Some even sleep in them. If you don't wait till the day you have to go somewhere to introduce the carrier, it's no trouble.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread