+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1318Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632 View Post
    We are currently doing a bit of a remodel to the master shower, so we are showering in our guest bathroom, which is normally the doggie laundry if no one is visiting. We are down to one dog now, but when we had two if one got a bath, so did the other. This morning I was the first one up and it was my first morning in the guest shower. I noticed after I turned the water on Katie had her "uh oh" face on. Didn't think anything of it, took my shower, got out, went to the master bathroom to get something, came back to the guest bathroom and she is sitting in that tub, waiting for her bath. I guess they can be trained to have habits about unpleasant things like Joey and Mona's fire alarm. "Okay, someone I love was just in THAT tub, my turn" It must have to do with her "pack" because she has never done it to a guest in ten years!
    I LOVE it!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    It is snowing in Iowa right now. What faithful parents!!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by veejer View Post
    It is snowing in Iowa right now. What faithful parents!!!!
    I was just watching them. Makes me cold...the babies are so dang cute, though.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    It is cold. It's only 36 degrees right now, but at least it's stopped snowing. Last weekend people were complaining because it was 80 degrees. Hope they're happy now.

Those eagles are so fun to watch. The parents are so devoted to the babies and all three of the babies are doing really well. Last weekend we picked up my two granddaughters and drove out to the fish hatchery where the eagle nest is. You can't get too close because the tree their nest is in is on private property, plus they don't want anyone too close to disturb them. We looked at them through binoculars. Our oldest granddaughter is 4 and she was thrilled to see them. Then we went home and I pulled the live feed up on the computer. She was even more interested in watching them because we had just been there.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I like watching them also.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    those babies are adorable E1 is what we call the oldest one is a brave little turkey..he is a stinker..he is always trying to get out from under mom or dad and you can always see his head poking out and Mom and Dad are doing such a great job in feeding all 3 of them cause if E1 had his way he would hog all the food so they usually feed him first til he is ready to pass out from a full tummy then the other 2 get to eat..but watching nature like this without their knowledge is awesome and gives you IMO a new respect for animals that share our planet..makes you realize that we are not the only ones here
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I was just watching them, Mother was feeding them, shortly after Dad arrived, Mom took off, and now Dad's feeding them. Wait a minute, I'm assuming it was the Mom, see what happens when you assume? How do you know who's who?

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    you know just because I live out in the country people seem to think its just an OPEN INVITATION to dump their unwanted animals..most of them are pregnant...just yesterday someone dumped a very loving beautiful solid white cat out here and I brought her in and within 30 minutes she was giving birth to 5 babies..one died right away and she has 1 orange one and 3 solid white ones...I have no job and not much money but I guess I am a pathetic sucker because I take them in...and its easy to give the kittens to a rescue group when they are old enough because babies are easy to give away so I guess I will have another adult cat and will have her fixed as soon as she weanes them....what I don't get...PEOPLE..YOUR LOCAL SHELTERS WILL SPAY OR NUETER YOUR ANIMALS AT LOW COST IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE MONEY AND IF YOU HAVE NONE THEY WILL DO IT FOR FREE IF YOU CAN PROVE YOU HAVE NO MONEY..WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE........
    Just a note to say...Bless you! Here the Shelter gives you a $20.00 voucher for the vet. You still have to pay about $100.00 out of pocket.
    What bothers me the most is usually, the people that drop their pets off somewhere because they "can't afford them" have a new kitten or puppy in a few weeks and you just know it will be dropped off again as soon as it isn't cute anymore. (My mom has done this many times) GGRRRRRrrrrrrr!!!!

Pets are a life long commitment! They need us to take care of them just like babies do.

Rant over.
    Last edited by BlondeOne; 04-19-2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: More ranting to do.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    Jamie: That is so cute!

Paul: What a great story! Girls will be girls, and boys will be boys! I love that, so sweet.

I leave the bathroom door open if I'm there there because Louie would just sit at the door and watch. However, now that Sophie has joined us, she runs like a bolt of lightening from whereever she is, if she hears me going in there. She doesn't stop at the door, jumping everywhere, sniffing away, I've never seen someone so happy to be in a bathroom. Louie looks at her from the doorway like she's nuts. That's the only place I'm having a hard time with the "down" command.
    I thought only mine did this. My kitten that we rescued last year has ripped about 5 shower liners. When you are in the shower she sticks her head through the hole and watches you. If you close the door she runs and jumps at it until someone opens it for her.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeOne View Post
    Just a note to say...Bless you! Here the Shelter gives you a $20.00 voucher for the vet. You still have to pay about $100.00 out of pocket.
    What bothers me the most is usually, the people that drop their pets off somewhere because they "can't afford them" have a new kitten or puppy in a few weeks and you just know it will be dropped off again as soon as it isn't cute anymore. (My mom has done this many times) GGRRRRRrrrrrrr!!!!

Pets are a life long commitment! They need us to take care of them just like babies do.

Rant over.
    My son's ex does this. Only with her, it's when the dog doesn't magically potty train itself that it has to go. Then a few weeks later, she's got another puppy. Very aggravating.

I agree with you about the lifelong commitment. My pets are like members of the family. I could no more give one away than I could give away one of my children.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread