+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

I understand completely. We live in the country too, and people dump animals (usually cats) off out here all the time. Paul is right... some people are idiots.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Escaped FUGITIVE caught!
    Last Sunday the landlord came and installed a new air conditioner. I was watching Bella carefully because the front door was cracked a little. He also replaced an electrical outlet and went back & forth to the basement to turn off the circuit breaker. Well, he finished everything, left, and a couple minutes later knocked on the door and said “Hey, we’ve got an escapee.” There was Bella! He said he opened the basement door and she shot out – I had NO IDEA she snuck out. SNEAKY!!!! But she's a real scaredy cat; she ran back inside quickly.

I need to memorize this: To a cat, any open door, even a door cracked an inch, is an invitation.

OTOH, usually when I'm doing my bathroom business I shut the door. If she can slither in, she will, just to check out that's going on. When I shower, she sits right outside the door - almost like she's 'guarding'.

We are currently doing a bit of a remodel to the master shower, so we are showering in our guest bathroom, which is normally the doggie laundry if no one is visiting. We are down to one dog now, but when we had two if one got a bath, so did the other. This morning I was the first one up and it was my first morning in the guest shower. I noticed after I turned the water on Katie had her "uh oh" face on. Didn't think anything of it, took my shower, got out, went to the master bathroom to get something, came back to the guest bathroom and she is sitting in that tub, waiting for her bath. I guess they can be trained to have habits about unpleasant things like Joey and Mona's fire alarm. "Okay, someone I love was just in THAT tub, my turn" It must have to do with her "pack" because she has never done it to a guest in ten years!
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    OTOH, usually when I'm doing my bathroom business I shut the door. If she can slither in, she will, just to check out that's going on. When I shower, she sits right outside the door - almost like she's 'guarding'.

Funny. I've always left the bathroom door open because that was where the box was also. When Mona was alive, if I was in the bathroom she would sit outside the door and when I finished, she would go.

After she died and it was just us boys (me & Joey) I would go in and sit down and he would come in and do his business also. Sometimes he would cover the stuff so vigorously that I would have litter flying all over, hitting my legs etc. Usually however he would just do his business and leave, since if he did a boom boom, I would flip it into the toilet right away anyhow.

The other morning I was in there and boy that room looked so big without that box in there and I half expected Joey to come walking in.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Jamie: That is so cute!

Paul: What a great story! Girls will be girls, and boys will be boys! I love that, so sweet.

I leave the bathroom door open if I'm there there because Louie would just sit at the door and watch. However, now that Sophie has joined us, she runs like a bolt of lightening from whereever she is, if she hears me going in there. She doesn't stop at the door, jumping everywhere, sniffing away, I've never seen someone so happy to be in a bathroom. Louie looks at her from the doorway like she's nuts. That's the only place I'm having a hard time with the "down" command.

okay...ALL OF US ANIMAL LOVERS NEED TO PROTEST BIG TIME

go to radar online...Lady Gaga's dress designer killed a 15 year old cat so she could use the skin for one of lady gaga's outfits....SICK SICK SICK

I know she is outrageous but I will not stand for this at all

mmmmmmmmm okay I am sitting her getting all fired up over the animals and not paying attention while 2 tornados touched down not 5 miles from here and I didn't even get a drop of rain or gust of wind...WOW
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 04-15-2011 at 08:01 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Here's the real story. It was a fan getting ready for a concert, not a dress designer for Lady Gaga. Still a very sick story.

20-Year Old Woman Kills, Mutilates Cat for Lady Gaga Outfit | Ecouterre

We’ve all gone a little gaga at times, but even that’s an understatement for Angelina Barnes, a 20-year-old Oklahoma native who has been charged with animal cruelty. While “prettying up” to attend a Lady Gaga concert, Barnes allegedly killed and dismembered her family’s cat for its blood, which she smeared onto her face before being discovered by an unidentified relative. Investigators found purple hair dye and blood all over the bathroom, along with—brace yourself—the gruesome remains of the 15-year-old tabby, which Barnes drowned, sliced open, and mutilated. Oh and its liver was discovered inside a nearby makeup case. That’s not all: At a local hospital, Barnes also threatened a nurse with a glass shard. Barnes was previously diagnosed with depression, but we remain disgusted and mournful as we think of all our fine feline friends. Click below for a video of the news broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    Here's the real story. It was a fan getting ready for a concert, not a dress designer for Lady Gaga. Still a very sick story.

20-Year Old Woman Kills, Mutilates Cat for Lady Gaga Outfit | Ecouterre
    TY....I just realized that I had made a mistake and was coming here to correct it..but it still makes me sick that someone would do that to impress lady ga ga because she does so many outrageous things

again..thanks for correcting me I appreciate it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    The other morning I was in there and boy that room looked so big without that box in there and I half expected Joey to come walking in.

CONFESSION
    A few months ago I created an email account for Bella, and once in a while “she” sends an email to my cat lover/cat expert friend (who has 3 cats). Then she replies to “Bella” . . .it’s kind of a goofy, fun game we play.

Last week Bella sent my friend an email explaining who Joey was, and how sad she was to hear that he’s gone . . . I attached the ice-cream picture; she loved it. You can be sure Joey is not forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post

CONFESSION
    A few months ago I created an email account for Bella, and once in a while “she” sends an email to my cat lover/cat expert friend (who has 3 cats). Then she replies to “Bella” . . .it’s kind of a goofy, fun game we play.

Last week Bella sent my friend an email explaining who Joey was, and how sad she was to hear that he’s gone . . . I attached the ice-cream picture; she loved it. You can be sure Joey is not forgotten.
    What a nice story. Thank You
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread