+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: For animal lovers

Exactly. I think Miss Chloe acted up because she was still in a pout/snit about having the most timid gurl in the house giving her a "dust up", out of nowhere. It's OK, Baby Gurl.....I understand and you can't make me stop loving you!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm a mess. A big old ball of a sobbing mess. Short version...my good friend and I take care of each others dogs when we are away for the day or longer. She has one that I'm especially fond of. Thunder was such a wonderful dog. He was my buddy. Anyway, she called today to see if she could stop by. She shows up and informs me that he's very ill and they are taking him to be put down. She stopped on her way so he was in the van. She wanted to give me the chance to say goodbye to him. She also said that he's been lethargic all day and that when he caught sight of me walking out of my house to their van, he perked up. I spent about 20 minutes with him in their van. Loving on him and crying all over him. He's not even MY dog but my heart is breaking. RIP Thunder. I'm just thankful that his mom was thoughtful enough to let me see him one last time.

You were one of the sweetest, most gentle giants I've ever had the pleasure of petting. I love you boy.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Oh Java that is so sad. I'm sorry you lost your buddy, but very glad you got to spend time with him.

Paul I love your shrine, how sweet! I'm catching up now and enjoyed all your responses to my posts.

Lil Bit: thanks for posting that live vid of the eagle. Soooo cute! I followed a bear vid, she was going to give birth. We had that site on all day at work, and were lucky enough to be around when "Hope" was born. That was about a year ago, we often go back to check on her, she's adorable and has grown so much. The live vid's are a great idea, I hope to see more of them.

Java - My heart knows exactly what you feel.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

My porch swallows are back and are working on their nest...
    Spring has arrived

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I wish Gertrude and Heathcliffe would come back. They are doves that always used to nest on the curved/flat part of my downspout. They got blown out by bad storms twice in one spring, and I haven't seen them since.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    After a 6 month struggle with Chronic Kidney Disease my WHITE & BLACK Joey crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge at 11:55AM to be with Mona. I was holding him and grampa was there. Thank You for 15 wonderful years little fella. June 10, 1996- March 22, 2011.
    Have not been in this thread for a while and missed this - Paul, I am so sorry for your loss. My old girl Obe is turning 18 this year and is also struggling with kidney & thyroid disease. It's painful watching her lose weight so quickly and suddenly seeming old.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Have not been in this thread for a while and missed this - Paul, I am so sorry for your loss. My old girl Obe is turning 18 this year and is also struggling with kidney & thyroid disease. It's painful watching her lose weight so quickly and suddenly seeming old.
    Thank you for the thoughts. Cherish every minute with Obe.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

you know just because I live out in the country people seem to think its just an OPEN INVITATION to dump their unwanted animals..most of them are pregnant...just yesterday someone dumped a very loving beautiful solid white cat out here and I brought her in and within 30 minutes she was giving birth to 5 babies..one died right away and she has 1 orange one and 3 solid white ones...I have no job and not much money but I guess I am a pathetic sucker because I take them in...and its easy to give the kittens to a rescue group when they are old enough because babies are easy to give away so I guess I will have another adult cat and will have her fixed as soon as she weanes them....what I don't get...PEOPLE..YOUR LOCAL SHELTERS WILL SPAY OR NUETER YOUR ANIMALS AT LOW COST IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE MONEY AND IF YOU HAVE NONE THEY WILL DO IT FOR FREE IF YOU CAN PROVE YOU HAVE NO MONEY..WTF IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE........
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

People are idiots.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread