+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1421Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Just read this quote on Twitter or some other site and thought it apropos. Can be applied to cats as well!

I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and I am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so much in losing a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it be if they were to live double that time?

Sir Walter Scott

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    Just read this quote on Twitter or some other site and thought it apropos. Can be applied to cats as well!

I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and I am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so much in losing a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it be if they were to live double that time?

Sir Walter Scott
    Good food for thought!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Safe and hound: Dog found alive and well in Japan THREE WEEKS after tsunami | Mail Online

This story made me want to cheer and cry at the same time!
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    absolutely
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

justpaul1, the "fire drill" story may have been before my time here on this thread. Would love to read it (approx date?).

ETA: I juat saw the ice-cream cone pic. Your pics are simply THE BEST!!!!!!!!

ooops, sorry - just1paul typed your name wrong, too late to edit.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    justpaul1, the "fire drill" story may have been before my time here on this thread. Would love to read it (approx date?).

ETA: I juat saw the ice-cream cone pic. Your pics are simply THE BEST!!!!!!!!
    I don't remember the date of the fire drill story. But here goes:
    Mona, Joey and I moved into this apartment in July of 1997, Joey was just a year old and Mona was 5-8 (don't know for sure). I had been thinking of their safety and how in case of fire and the smoke alarms going off cats and dogs sometimes panic and you can't find them. Not wanting to be one of those people because I would have died rescuing them, I decided to have fire drills until they and I knew what to do if a smoke alarm went off.

so once a month or so I would set a smoke alarm off and herd them into the bedroom where I would shove them into the carrier and hook a chain to the handle so I could break out the screen in the window and lower them to safety.

We got to the point that one time I burnt something and both smoke alarms in my apartment went off and they both RAN into the bedroom and went by the window.

That is the fire drill story.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

That is the fire drill story.
    We got to the point that one time I burnt something and both smoke alarms in my apartment went off and they both RAN into the bedroom and went by the window.
    Awww, thanks. Another great story.

Gives me something to think about. When I test my smoke alarms every month, my Bella just gets all big-eyed and sits at attention; waiting to see what’s going on. Same for when the reminder/alarm on my cell goes off.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Awww, thanks. Another great story.

Gives me something to think about. When I test my smoke alarms every month, my Bella just gets all big-eyed and sits at attention; waiting to see what’s going on. Same for when the reminder/alarm on my cell goes off.
    When it is the smoke alarm you should have the carrier or a blanket you can grab and put Bella in it so once the difference between that and the alarm on the cell is known, it might, just might become habit.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    paul: That is so cute!!! Louie will lick an ice cream cone too, without stopping. I have to pull it away, and say "breathe Louie breathe" Once the ice cream is gone, he'll eat the cone as well. I can't even say the word around here, without him immediatly making a mad dash to my feet, with that "oh please I want some, here look I'm sitting" look.PGM: That's so funny. My son loves to play that game, pretends he's hurting me, and Louie will start getting mad and barks at him. My son tried it with the new puppy Sophie, and he did the very same thing. Too sweet.

inthegarden: You provided a great visual with that story!
    Sorry for the delay of this response to your post, I knew in my head what I wanted to post, but it didn't convert to the fingers until this morning. Talk about a great visual - the breathe Louie breathe is hysterical. The mad dash seems to be a common theme along with the "What am I getting look".
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread