+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Paul: Joey was your very own "mood ring", that's amazing that his nose would change colour!

It was fun especially more so when Mona was alive, because I would always look at the nose and the deeper the red I knew THEY were BOTH up to something....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I love noticing those little things, the personalities are priceless. When Louie and Sophie are playing, sometimes I'm not sure if its too rough, so I'll stand up, to have a look, and they both stop, two little faces looking up at me with that "what?" look, Louie will lay down, and Sophie follows suit. If he's laying down I better to the same.

Paul: Have you ever had a cat that had a nose change colour?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I gave Miss Sashay a couple of bites of Cheetos yesterday, in honor of Joey. Interestingly enough, she's never shown any interest in Cheetos; she's a Crunch N Munch gurl. She, thoroughly, enjoyed the Cheetos. It was hilarious watching her "work out" on her Cheetos!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post
    I love noticing those little things, the personalities are priceless. When Louie and Sophie are playing, sometimes I'm not sure if its too rough, so I'll stand up, to have a look, and they both stop, two little faces looking up at me with that "what?" look, Louie will lay down, and Sophie follows suit. If he's laying down I better to the same.

other than Joey? No Miss Mona was COOL CALM and COLLECTED no matter what. She would NEVER let herself be given away be things like that.
    Last edited by just1paul; 03-27-2011 at 05:16 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I gave Miss Sashay a couple of bites of Cheetos yesterday, in honor of Joey. Interestingly enough, she's never shown any interest in Cheetos; she's a Crunch N Munch gurl. She, thoroughly, enjoyed the Cheetos. It was hilarious watching her "work out" on her Cheetos!
    I bet she loved that! Try a dorito... wooo hoooo
    - The Dean Martin Show -

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    I bet she loved that! Try a dorito... wooo hoooo
    We all had doritos in honor of Joey. Now Rosie and Bogie want more.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel View Post

That's too cute! Jaxi (my female boxer) loves to be petted and seems to like it rough. LOL - I slap her belly with my foot - bouncing up and down - and if I move my foot, she moves to where it goes for more. Little sadist (or is it a masochist?) She also wrestles with Mike and growls and snarls, and snorts like she's so mad. But its all play. Buddy (the 11 year old) goes over and intercedes when he thinks its too rough or that Mike is in danger. He'll just sit between them and Jaxi will look at him like, "Hey, what's the big idea?"

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    Dragonlady - Thank you for your post. At this time I am not planning on adopting, but I am not totally closing the door on the future. I need time to be just me without the responsibilty. On another note - A comment was made on my facebook about Joeys eyes which brought to mind his nose color. Normally Joeys nose was pale pink. If Joey was either causing "trouble" or in a playful or excited mood his nose color would change and get to a deep red color the more something was happening. To our Misskitty - Thank You for the Haiku -
    I understand about giving yourself time and you are right about not closing the door on the future. It is funny how things work out and believe me, the universe will know when you are ready and another special soul will come looking for a new "staff".
    Your resume, with references, has already been looked at and approved.

My cats love to play jokes on each other. There is one of my cats, who will sometimes stay out later than the others, causing suppertime to be late. Not good. They each have their bowl of dry food and then a plate where I give them their wet food. So imagine his supprise when he came in one night, to find a frog body (no legs) in his supper bowl no dry food or wet food. The look on his face was priceless, not only had they eaten his food, but the best part of the frog...according to his prize giver.
    Nobody confessed, but I did see little heads popping out of beds and then ducking. No one wanted to be in his line of retaliation.
    Yowl. Humf. Hiss.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 03-28-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    I understand about giving yourself time and you are right about not closing the door on the future. It is funny how things work out and believe me, the universe will know when you are ready and another special soul will come looking for a new "staff".
    Your resume, with references, has already been looked at and approved.

My cats love to play jokes on each other. There is one of my cats, who will sometimes stay out later than the others, causing suppertime to be late. Not good. They each have their bowl of dry food and then a plate where I give them their wet food. So imagine his supprise when he came in one night, to find a frog body (no legs) in his supper bowl no dry food or wet food. The look on his face was priceless, not only had they eaten his food, but the best part of the frog...according to his prize giver.
    Nobody confessed, but I did see little heads popping out of beds and then ducking. No one wanted to be in his line of retaliation.
    Yowl. Humf. Hiss.
    I absolutely love it!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

+ Reply to Thread