+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1320Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    And I must add -- When I would walk in the and they are both sitting in the living room side by side staring at me - with the "I did nothing wrong" looks on their faces. their little sides not heaving anymore but breathing a "touch" heavier than normal. Or the one day I got home and walked into the kitchen and the cheeto bag on the frig was open (I did not clip it nor put it away, merely folded it over - stupid Daddy) and there are cheetos everywhere and I have a very contented smiling ORANGE FACED white & black with ORANGE paws in the bedroom sleeping like it was a Thanksgiving meal he just had.

Oh I miss those days of youth.

We could tell something had happened if Bogie acted guilty. Was usually never him that did whatever, but he always alerted us to check stuff out by how he acted.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My Boston Terrier, Sam, was that way. If we came home and Sam didn't greet us at the door, we knew there was a mess somewhere in the house. I sure miss my little Sammydog.

Smokey knows where his bag of food is kept and he is constantly trying to get the cupboard door open. It's funny to watch him lay on the floor, pulling at the door. I don't think he will be able to get it open, but with this guy, one never knows.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Smokey knows where his bag of food is kept and he is constantly trying to get the cupboard door open. It's funny to watch him lay on the floor, pulling at the door. I don't think he will be able to get it open, but with this guy, one never knows.
    My money's on Smokey
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Just got this from a friend.... God and Dog .... you might have seen it before, but I wanted to share, what a great reminder.

It made me cry tears of happiness I love my babies - past, present, future!

YouTube - GoD And DoG by Wendy J Francisco
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMama View Post
    Just got this from a friend.... God and Dog .... you might have seen it before, but I wanted to share, what a great reminder.

It made me cry tears of happiness I love my babies - past, present, future!

YouTube - GoD And DoG by Wendy J Francisco
    Thanks so much for that! That was wonderful!
    Made me go and hug my 3 large mutts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I'm with SugarMama - Moneys on Smokey!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Paul: Thanks for the laugh with the squirt bottle.

Gut: I hope the squirt bottle works for you.

I've noticed Louie too will let me know if there's an issue. The other day, Louie sat on the area carpet, hanging his head, big eyes looking up at me. That's his usual, oh oh she's made at me look but I couldn't figure out why he was doing it. I noticed next to him, Sophie had twinkled on the area carpet. I simply said "oh no Sophie, you were doing so good", he immediatly went after her chasing her and barking, once he got her she gave a little yelp, he starting licking the top of her head. I was amazed. The amaze me every day.

I've lined up sports bottles and big plastic cups along the edge of the counters when I go away and speak sternly to her when she jumps up. Forgot to get a squirt bottle when I was out. I don't want to use one from some other product in case there's a residue of some kind.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sounds like fun!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

THe only thing that ever worked for me with Dex was the spray bottle I recommended.
    I get them at the 99c store.
    Doesn't work on every cat, like Paul said, but it does work for a lot of them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread