+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1337Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

This is too cute ... the squirrel nurses along with puppies. Check out the photo gallery.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...quirrel11.html
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Oh my goodness, Candor, those pictures are adorable!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Ok, Candor, a squirrel is the last thing I want to see right now!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

agamergirl- Beautiful kitty!!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    So I put Advantage flea treatment on my baby, Tigger, a beautiful peach and snow white kitty, and he decided to sleep on my cappucino table. Next morning, I found a spot on my table completely stripped of it's finish, and a matching dark spot on my Tigger! So I am like WTF! Sorry, but how can I continue to put this on my baby, when it is capable of stripping the finish off my table!? Anyone else have concerns? Not about the stupid table, I can fix that, but what's it doing to Tigger?
    thats the great thing about living in the reno area....no fleas the ground has so much alkaline in the soil that the fleas all die. people move here and in two weeks their animals are fleas free.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    a little request for "nothing wrong" vibes for my poochie Abbie. This morning she had this awful gurgling sound in her tummy. It would gurgle and she'd run down the hall, up and down on the couch, outside. She was so uptight. Of course I went on the internet and read about "bloat" when their stomachs get turned and it's fatal within hours. So I had my mom put my daughter on the bus and got Abbie to the vet (they are so great with emergencies). My husband met me there and the vet said it wasn't bloat (thank God!) but she probably had something going on with her stomach. He gave her a shot of compazine (sp?) and she's knocked out to all hell this afternoon.

However, vet also noticed she lost weight. Turned out she's lost about 5 pounds since the last time she was there (urinary infection a few months back) and lost about 12 pounds in the past year/year & a half so he's concerned. He ran some bloodwork and we'll know more tomorrow.

I just love this little girl so much. She'll be 11 this year and it aches my heart knowing she's getting old. My pregnancy hormones don't help. All I did was cry this morning.

Keep Abbie in your thoughts - hopefully the bloodwork shows nothing. Of course I'm a worst-scenario person and one of the other girls in her litter died of stomach cancer last year so I'm par-a-noid!

thanks

Abbie is in our thoughs here marybethp, you have 2 felines here getting hugs from daddy to be sent through the cosmos to Abbie. all will be well I am sure.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey
    Aw, Marybethp, consider yourself (and Abbie) hugged by everyone here at The Pomeranian Shack (including Smudge, our Weekend Cat)!!

I'm a former veterinary medical technician, and Compazine is an anti-emetic (anti-vomiting) drug that's given when their stomachs are upset. It also acts as a tranquilizer, hence all the snoozing.

marybethp, the Pomeranians, the Weekend Cat, and I all are saying big prayers for Abbie to get a diagnosis of something that's very easily treated, and also that you'll have many years together, too.

I know what you mean about how awful it is to see them get old one of mine just turned 12 this year and I've had her since she was 8 weeks old, and I know my time's limited with her. Man, I hate to think of losing her.

The Pomeranians, Weekend Cat, and I'll be thinking great thoughts for you all that things work out okay, and also that you'll have some wonderful time ahead to enjoy before that awful day finally does arrive.

Believe me, I worry about that awful day. If it's any comfort, though, I want you to know that you'll survive it, even though it will surely suck. "Tuxedo" is my 15th dog I've owned in my life. I've been through the loss of a dog 13 times, and while the loss of them never gets easier I have found, over time, that I can lessen the pain with each passing by just focusing on what was so doggoned good about my time with them.

I take lots of pictures of them, I spoil them more, I hug them more, and I just savor each and every day.

It still hurts like mad when they're gone, as I'm sure you know, but it's a comfort to look back and know that they had the very best of times 'cause they had me as their owner, at their beck and call, waiting on them hand and foot, and spoiling them rotten.

I'm sure that Abbie's had a fantastic life with you, and I truly hope you guys have tons of time left, and I hope that you have the very best of times while you have them.

Just PM me if you ever need to "talk." Woof!

Pom

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    um...Pommie....I'm crying harder now Thank you. I know you're right. I just love her so much. We got her at 7 weeks old and hate to think of life without her! My daughter is growing up with her and I think it's wonderful for kids to grow up with animals. And the thought of this new little one not having Abbie around makes me cry too. Abbie's Mom Brandy is nearing the end and she's only 2 years older than Abbie.

I'm just praying that tomorrow will bring good news. She is eating the small doses of food (I'm allowed to ease her back into food a few handfuls every couple hours). Eating is a good sign. I'm hoping she just had a bad case of gas!!! She sure didn't love the rectal exam she got today

Thanks gabriel and Pommie - you both made me smile. Abbie says she feels the love - even through her glassy eyes. Thanks for the pet smooches

Marybeth - we hope that Abbie is going to be ok!

http://petsmart.com Howl-O-Ween Pet Photo contest. I thought that some of you other animal lovers might enjoy these hilarious pictures.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread