+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Amelia is not "bred". I got her from an old student who lives out in the back of beyond with one child and another on the way.
    She is getting used to the fact that she's not allowed outside for now, but she has started jumping up on the kitchen counter. I've never had a problem with that with other cats. As fast as I put her down, she jumps back up. I end up closing her in the bathroom while I wipe everything down. Anyone have any success in stopping that?

When I had my Persian, he did that.
    I ended up spraying a light squirt of water from a spray bottle whenever he did it.
    It sure stopped him.
    Hope it works for you.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Good idea norealityhere. Smokey has a big problem with jumping on the kitchen counters and the dining room table. I'm going to try the spray bottle. With this crazy cat though, he will probably love it.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Lil Bit,
    Dex liked it at first, too.
    However, he soon grew to hate it.....and stopped going on countertops.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

But do you know what are they doing when you are gone or at night? They seem to enjoy playing their staff for fools!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    Good idea norealityhere. Smokey has a big problem with jumping on the kitchen counters and the dining room table. I'm going to try the spray bottle. With this crazy cat though, he will probably love it.
    Let me tell you about a spray bottle and a cat named Joey about 14 years ago (maybe 6 months old at the time)

Picture it: Apt 201 Franklin Place milwaukee WI Little (yes little) white and black very very rambunctious kitty likes bothering older kinda crabby tabby and doing other things for amusement (everyones). I do not recall the exact incident but I do recall the spray bottle. these were all different times not the one incident. but it was the same thing

First time - Joey got spritzed - he stopped and ran.

Second time - Joey got spritzed - he stopped.

Third time - he turned and looked at me

Fourth time - he stopped, turned and looked as I was grabbed the bottle, closed his eyes as I spritzed.

Fifth time - I swear he was laughing and this picture comes to mind.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    But do you know what are they doing when you are gone or at night? They seem to enjoy playing their staff for fools!
    And fools we are but I must tell you- I'd rather be a feline staff fool that a human tool fool.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

thanks just1paul!

Thanks! I'll try the spray bottle.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    And I must add -- When I would walk in the and they are both sitting in the living room side by side staring at me - with the "I did nothing wrong" looks on their faces. their little sides not heaving anymore but breathing a "touch" heavier than normal. Or the one day I got home and walked into the kitchen and the cheeto bag on the frig was open (I did not clip it nor put it away, merely folded it over - stupid Daddy) and there are cheetos everywhere and I have a very contented smiling ORANGE FACED white & black with ORANGE paws in the bedroom sleeping like it was a Thanksgiving meal he just had.

Oh I miss those days of youth.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Quote Originally Posted by just1paul View Post
    And I must add -- When I would walk in the and they are both sitting in the living room side by side staring at me - with the "I did nothing wrong" looks on their faces. their little sides not heaving anymore but breathing a "touch" heavier than normal. Or the one day I got home and walked into the kitchen and the cheeto bag on the frig was open (I did not clip it nor put it away, merely folded it over - stupid Daddy) and there are cheetos everywhere and I have a very contented smiling ORANGE FACED white & black with ORANGE paws in the bedroom sleeping like it was a Thanksgiving meal he just had.

Oh I miss those days of youth.
    Adorable story. Reminds me of when I once had a little white cat. He was always jumping on my desk. One day I bought a fancy blue pen with fancy blue feathers on it's top. The next day, I found destroyed blue feathers all over my desk. No need to ask which cat did it. Just one look at a white cat with a blue face was all it took!

+ Reply to Thread