+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1314Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Aren't kitties due to be spayed around 3 months old? Our municipal animal shelter does it to them even younger, which hacks my vets off.
    They are doing that young now, but lots of people wait. Gutmutter, I forget exactly how old she is, but they can go in season as early as 5 months old . If she gets pregnant, it might not be best at her age; you may want to have her checked at the vet when you find her. From what you say about her behavior, I'd say listen for squalling and/or follow any male cat you see I think your kitty is about the age Pandora is or a little younger, and looking at how little Pan still is (7.5 months and 6.5 lb)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I know people have different opinions about that, but I've never had an indoor-only pet. Doesn't seem right when you live in a quiet area with lots of land around you.
    Count your blessings!

I don't have a problem with indoor/out if you are in an area where people are responsible and keep their dogs put up, don't drive crazy, and you don't have a big varmint population. Unfortunately we have all 3 things here in abundance. I really like the extra attention and entertainment I get from all indoor kitties too now that I know about it. Not having to do flea control is nice too.
    Anyway, I just hope your kitty comes home safe. Put out the fliers, and mention that she "may be in season...rolling and meowing a lot"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I try to keep Smokey inside, but he is a little devil at sneaking past us the second the door opens. He got out a couple of days ago when it was snowing, and he was really happy to get back inside. I was hoping he wouldn't be so fond of sneaking out after he was "tutored", but that didn't seem to make much difference. We do live in the country in a very remote area without much traffic, so I hope he will be okay when he does get out.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

She's back! Thanks for any "help" I got from folks here.
    Count your blessings!

That's great Gut!

but he is a little devil at sneaking past us the second the door opens.
    My cat Bella is like that. Soooo sneaky! She can slither through my legs and out the door in a flash. She's never really gotten outside, but she loves to explore the foyer (apt bldg). I have to be careful because if someone were to open the main door she could get out.

When I come home, she can hear my key in the door. I usually have to coax her to get back away from the door.

Happy she is back Gutmutter. Now, get her to the vet quick and have her spayed. There are way too many unwanted kittens in this world...don't add to it!

Glad to hear she's back Gutmutter! How is your daughter doing?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm a little late to the party, but happy birthday Rosie!

Gut: I'm so glad to see Amalia returned home!

Although my new puppy is a wild thing when she is out of her crate, I'm so thankful I started her on a good sleeping/crating schedule. She has been sleeping for 4 hours and 20 minutes this afternoon, she should be waking up in about 15 minutes which is when I would be getting home from work. She'll play/eat for a hour or so, have a nap between 6-7pm or so, then back in her crate for the night around 8pm till I get up around 6am.

She is getting along great with 4 yr old Louie. My question is for those of you who have more than 1 dog, do you let them free roam when you're not home? I don't remember how old Louie was when I started leaving him out of the crate when I wasn't home. I did it gradually, he has never chewed on anything or ruined anything. He will always use his potty pad if he has to when I'm not home.

I'm just wondering if anyone got a puppy when they already had a dog and how they handled it.

+ Reply to Thread