+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1385Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

MRD

Re: For animal lovers

Today Rosie turns 14. She seems healthy and fine. Sleeps a lot in her bed. Has developed some odd behaviors, but not bad. For the most part, she is doing well. slowing down (like the rest of us), but still can be active when she wants. But a lot more sleeping between perio, cads of activity.
    Anyway can't believe she is 14.
    Cupcakes later!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSIE!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Miss Sashay is also 14, and her energy bursts are amazing. She jumped up, out of nowhere, and went to war on Miss Celie's head the other night....all soft paw slapping, but she ran Miss Celie off the bed! I"m sure Celie was shocked! Miss Celie is the only gurl in the house that allows Dez to chase her, and gallop with her like they are in the Kentucky Derby. Miss Sashay will occasionally run with Dez, but not often.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My daughter's "kitten" (now a teenager) Amelia that we got at Christmas didn't come back in last night when she went out with the dog. My daughter comes home for spring break on Sunday and she just lost a close friend in a car accident a couple of days ago (the funeral's tomorrow). I don't want her to have to deal with the loss of her kitten on top of this fresh loss. Pleas pray for Amelia's safe return. Thanks!
    Count your blessings!

Oh no...you have my prayers, and purrs from all 3 kitties.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Gutmutter, have you posted signs around the neighborhood? And checked with your local animal shelter?
    Is she spayed? If not, she may be looking for love.

Were any of your other cats outside when she went missing? If so, see if they will take you to her.

Years ago I was minding a friends cat while she was on vacation. Sabrina (the visitor) was very rude to Tut (my cat) so he avoided her as much as possible. One day Sabrina got out by accident. I could not find her and she was out all night. The next day, after more searching, I went to Tut and said "where is Sabrina?" He took me right to her! She had somehow gotten onto a log that was partially in a stream and didn't know how to get back to shore. I waded into the stream and brought her home. I often think animals understand more than we give them credit for.

Good luck. Let us know when you find her.

I hadn't spayed her yet because I didn't think she was old enough, but now that you mention it, she was getting a lot more vocal and starting to roll around on the floor more and was insistent about going out. I keep telling the dog to go find her, but I didn't think of going with him. I'll try that in the morning. I've told a couple of neighbors to keep an eye out for her.
    Count your blessings!

Aren't kitties due to be spayed around 3 months old? Our municipal animal shelter does it to them even younger, which hacks my vets off.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sending prayers that Amelia finds her way home safely.

And a great big Happy Birthday to Rosie! May she have many more!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Gut, I'm more inclined to fuss at you for letting her out...but that's your business. Hope she shows up soon.

+ Reply to Thread