+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1429Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Closet, I'm so sorry to hear about Abel. That was so fast You most definately made the right decision.

I've put both Roxie and Smokey on diets. I always had Roxie's food out in an automatic feeder so she could nibble whenever she wanted to. Then we got Smokey and he wanted to eat all the time, which made Roxie want to eat all the time. Plus, I was having a hard time getting Smokey to NOT eat all of the dogs food. And they are both getting FAT! So, now they are fed twice a day. Smokey is fine with it, but Roxie doesn't want to eat when I feed her. She sniffs it and turns her nose up. I think she's hoping for something better. I know she will eat when she is hungry, but it still bothers me when she doesn't.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Lil Bit: I have and am going throught that with Louie. He is so fussy. After trying to put food down, taking it away after 20 minutes, buying several different brands of food, giving him constant treats because he wasn't eating, gaining weight, walking him 2-3 times a day wasn't helping with the weight gain, and being worried sick that he doesn't eat I have finally given up. The mistake I think is, he was my first dog ever, he was given tid bits of food from the table and soon started turning up his nose at his own food.

I spoke to the Vet and she told me Shih Tzu's are very picky. He's healthy, and if he doesn't want to eat, that's fine, he'll eat when he's hungry. He'll eat for a few days in a row, then a couple of days of not eating, I call that the hungry strike days.

Now, with my new 3 month old Sophie, I've learned my lesson, she is not getting one little bit of my food. She has already started jumping on me when she see's me eating my dinner! Off!

I've cut back the treats, and now he is getting lots of play time with my new puppy which has really made a difference in his body.

I was hoping that by Louie watching Sophie eat three meals a day it would encourage his appetite, but its not. He sits patiently waiting for her to finish eating so they can play. I get hungry when I see someone eating.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel; 03-10-2011 at 10:15 AM.

This is a touching, sad story - but a wonderful reminder of how special our 4-legged friends are!

BBC News - Dead soldier Liam Tasker and Army dog return home

The body of a soldier who died along with his record breaking sniffer dog in Afghanistan last week will be returned home to the UK.

Lance Corporal Liam Tasker, from Kirkcaldy in Fife, was shot dead while on patrol in Helmand province.

The ashes of the 26-year-old's dog Theo will be flown home on the same plane.

L/Cpl Tasker, who was called a "rising star" by Army chiefs, was shot by Taliban snipers and Theo died of a seizure shortly after his master.

The soldier and his 22-month-old dog had made 14 finds in five months while on the frontline.

The pair's successes at uncovering so many explosions and weapons had resulted in their tour of Afghanistan being extended by a month.

Just three weeks ago, springer spaniel Theo was praised as a record breaking Army sniffer dog.

The body of L/Cpl Tasker and the ashes of Theo will be flown to RAF Lyneham in Wiltshire at lunchtime, before a cortege passes through Wootton Bassett, the Wiltshire town which has built up a tradition of welcoming back fallen heroes
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

A picture of the soldier and his dog. God Bless you both.

Video of the two of them in action.

YouTube - Liam Tasker, tragically killed in Afghanistan with Theo his Springer Spaniel

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Last night, while eating my "treat" dinner ...... which was a BLT-Cobb salad from Wendy's, I got up to get myself some water, and turned around to see my brat gurl, Dez, face-down in my salad!!! Of course, I screeched, "Stop That!" She's never shown any interest in salad before (not that she's been offered any), and she is not food-deprived. She's just lucky she's got legs this morning. Shame, shame, shame!!! I was tempted to turn her into second base!!! Demon cat.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

How sad. RIP Liam and Theo

Today's "Good Dog!" day I think This story just gave me chills and warmed my heart!

Blind man keeps his old guide dog after it loses its sight... and then gets a new one who now leads them both around

Read more: Guide dog aids blind owner AND former leading labrador after he loses sight | Mail Online
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Awwwwwwwww! (what else to say?)

+ Reply to Thread