+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1266Likes

Thread: For animal lovers

Re: For animal lovers

Closet,

I am so sorry for your loss, but you certainly did the right thing when quality of life was no longer there.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I just wanted to come back and thank everyone here for their positive thoughts when I came in with the news that my Mastiff had Lymphoma.

Behaviorally he was still pretty normal at the time of his diagnosis and even for about a week after. As soon as he was diagnosed we put him on meds that were intended to help shrink the lymph nodes, but they never did much to help him. After about a week he started to decline very rapidly. We had to make the decision to put him down less than two weeks after his initial diagnosis. I think this process was the hardest for me and the two youngest kids in our house (10 & 6 years old). We did make it through though, and I am confident we made the right choices for Abel.
    I'm so sorry for your loss, I've been there many, many times and totally understand what you've been through.

While it isn't the same for everyone, I've discovered the best way for me to heal after losing a 4-legged "child" is to honor them by getting another one to pour out and to receive all of that love! We've come to see it not as any sort of betrayal toward the dearly loved one we've just lost but as a tribute to them. I always imagine them looking in on us and saying "Good family!" and smiling, tails wagging. We don't replace them, that just can't be. Last time we adopted the cutest little dog from the pound in honor of one we lost (we always have at least two dogs in our home but we live in the country so it's not a problem.)

Again, so sorry, praying for strength and assurance that you did the right thing for your baby.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Sorry to hear about losing your Mastiff ClosetRTWatcher They are such loyal companions. I am sure you did what was best..

ClosetRT, I'm so sorry about your baby. have dreams about some of my old favorite animals that are no longer around. They really are part of the family.
    I hate the idea that BooBoo is getting old, which is one reason I got kittens NOW, besides the fact that she needs company. She isn't doing so good right now; she is limping for no reason the vet could see (going back Friday) and it's making her eye problem flare. Hopefully everything will be back in order soon. I love my old bowling ball and want her to feel good.

On a happier note, I'm going to try to get some video of my new kitty Pandora doing something I've never seen a cat do--I think I won't tell, unless I try to film it and the camera makes her stop.
    Last edited by queenb; 03-08-2011 at 12:16 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always wanted to post pics of my gurls, but whenever they see the camera come out, they immediately vaporize!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

ClosetRTWatcher, so sorry to hear of the quick diagnosis and the loss of your loved one. It is such a shock to lose a pet so suddenly. I am thinking of you and your family.

Miss Chloe decided to sleep on my bed last night....that is something that NEVER happens. It was just the 2 of us....she, physically, dared and intimidated anyone else from wanting to be there! Hiss, Spit, Chase!!! Pitiful.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Miss Chloe decided to sleep on my bed last night....that is something that NEVER happens. It was just the 2 of us....she, physically, dared and intimidated anyone else from wanting to be there! Hiss, Spit, Chase!!! Pitiful.
    CUTE
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Uh...no. Don't encourage her!

My husband says I'm an "animal magnet"

We have 2 dogs and 4 cats (we're down a dog ) and maybe 3 days out of the week they'll all be found napping with me on the bed. (big dog has to stay on the floor).

How do I post a photo of my babies?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

+ Reply to Thread